5. Luke Voit (R) 1B
6. Gleyber Torres (R) SS
7. Gio Urshela (R) 3B
8. Miguel Andujar (R) LF
9. Clint Frazier (R) RF

Gametime Temp: 74°F
Chance of Precip: 7%

longgame

Sox have been consistently last minute with lineups this year.  Surprised they're not out for either team by now.

markj

Barnes was playing with fire in the 9th, but got out of the jam via a nice DP. Sox win 5-3. BP done good tonight.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on June 25, 2021, 09:55:49 PM
Barnes was playing with fire in the 9th, but got out of the jam via a nice DP. Sox win 5-3. BP done good tonight.

We got the first one in this critical series against our biggest rivals but one win is not enough.  We have lost the last two series two games to one and need to at least reverse that script.  All in all a win over the Yankees is terrific but we still need to sharpen our fielding, run the bases better and get some hitting from a few of our regulars who haven't been getting them.  Would be very nice if we could start winning series again and this one would be a good one to start with.  We need to win this one badly in my opinion.

MongoLikeSox

Man, I tanked and lost the battle of the eyelids in the bottom of the 8th. Missed the whole 9th. Was Barnes pussy-footing all about the edges again, or was he charging hard?

longgame

Barnes made it interesting with a couple of hits but got out of it.

Interesting game for sure.  Most of the offense early.  Perez gave up 3 unearned but the Bogey error rattled him.  The bullpen was very good.

I'd like to see better at bats from almost everyone though.  These guys like to swing.