GAME #72 - SUNDAY, JUNE 20, 2021 - BOSTON RED SOX @ KANSAS CITY ROYALS

Started by markj, June 19, 2021, 10:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on June 22, 2021, 09:08:52 AM
Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on June 20, 2021, 08:40:14 PM
I am concerned that our pitching may not hold up til ASB.  By that time Houck should be ready for a return duty in Boston.  Sale will take longer.  August?  Could be they can get Wingard(sp) ready for a back end starter.

Most of these guys can't get through 5 innings.  Never seen anything like it.

The big test comes this week Ted.  Three game series vs the Rays and the Yankees.  We will see if we are up to it when we consider both these teams got swept by us in our only meetings with them and I believe there is payback both teams are primed to pay us back.  I only wish our starting pitchers could go more than five innings and not give up so many damn hits.  By Sunday night I think we will all know where the RedSox stand.

On another matter my friend, that post I gave the other day was over the top and I realize that now I was out of line.  We do have some players who have been more liabilities than assets and it seems Cora does favor them by keeping them in the lineup.  Then, again, who else is there that we could put in unless we promote from our farm system.  I think my frustration got the best of me.  Sorry to those I might have offended.  It was not my finest hour.

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on June 22, 2021, 12:03:35 PM
Quote from: longgame on June 22, 2021, 09:08:52 AM
Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on June 20, 2021, 08:40:14 PM
I am concerned that our pitching may not hold up til ASB.  By that time Houck should be ready for a return duty in Boston.  Sale will take longer.  August?  Could be they can get Wingard(sp) ready for a back end starter.

Most of these guys can't get through 5 innings.  Never seen anything like it.

The big test comes this week Ted.  Three game series vs the Rays and the Yankees.  We will see if we are up to it when we consider both these teams got swept by us in our only meetings with them and I believe there is payback both teams are primed to pay us back.  I only wish our starting pitchers could go more than five innings and not give up so many damn hits.  By Sunday night I think we will all know where the RedSox stand.

On another matter my friend, that post I gave the other day was over the top and I realize that now I was out of line.  We do have some players who have been more liabilities than assets and it seems Cora does favor them by keeping them in the lineup.  Then, again, who else is there that we could put in unless we promote from our farm system.  I think my frustration got the best of me.  Sorry to those I might have offended.  It was not my finest hour.

I know you can get fired up about our Sox, so I took that into account!  Thanks.