5. Hunter Dozier (R) LF
6. Kelvin Gutierrez (R) 3B
7. Hanser Alberto (R) 2B
8. Michael A. Taylor (R) CF
9. Nicky Lopez (L) SS

Gametime Temp: 92°F
Chance of Precip: 1%

elktonnick

Santana is hitting under 120.  Why is Cora having this guy leading off never mind playing.

elktonnick

Santana the rally killer strikes again.  Why is he on this team?

elktonnick

Well Santana "drives" in a run with a weak trickle half way down the 1st base line.  Three at bats and he has not got the ball out of the infield yet.

markj

Dalbec with a 9th inning 2-run dinger to tack on some insurance runs. Sox up 7-1 now.

elktonnick

Omg.Santana got a hit.  That is his 7th hit in his last 30 games. 

markj

SeaBeachFred

Face it we have some duds in our lineup like Miserable Marwin and @#$%head Santana and in my opinion it points out to Cora's comfort playing as many Latins as he can, but we aren't talking about American types like JDM, Alex Verdugo and Christian Arroyo.  We are talking about cruddy types like Gonzales and Santana who Cora seems to love.  Neither should be either in the lineup or even on the team.  Look how he kept running Frency Fry into the lineup until he stuck so badly he was sent down by Bloom and the GM.  We have to play our best players and not the manager's favorites because sooner of later it might just sink us.  The fact is Alex Cora is doing a good job as manager this season for he most part, but he has a blind spot for his favorites and that is wrong and stupid.

Oh well Martin Perez gave us five good innings and got a win and we hit with some power so that part was good.  However, we need to win tomorrow to win this series.  One of three is not going to cut it, especially it gets to be a habit.  Mark my words---The Yanks are coming and they will need to be taking care of and for that we need to have them keep chasing us and not get within a game or two of us.  That means we have to play our best players and keep winning.  Just my opinion.

Sea Dog 23

It appears to be a financial bugaboo with this guy Santana.  For the acccountants to muse …

They have $972K due on his contract if they DFA him next week.  It's a prorated $1.75M.  Will another team pick him off waivers?  Then what if he clears?  Heck, we are fans, not bean counters, just get rid of this stiff.

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on June 19, 2021, 09:22:28 PM
Face it we have some duds in our lineup like Miserable Marwin and @#$%head Santana and in my opinion it points out to Cora's comfort playing as many Latins as he can, but we aren't talking about American types like JDM, Alex Verdugo and Christian Arroyo.  We are talking about cruddy types like Gonzales and Santana who Cora seems to love.  Neither should be either in the lineup or even on the team.  Look how he kept running Frency Fry into the lineup until he stuck so badly he was sent down by Bloom and the GM.  We have to play our best players and not the manager's favorites because sooner of later it might just sink us.  The fact is Alex Cora is doing a good job as manager this season for he most part, but he has a blind spot for his favorites and that is wrong and stupid.

Oh well Martin Perez gave us five good innings and got a win and we hit with some power so that part was good.  However, we need to win tomorrow to win this series.  One of three is not going to cut it, especially it gets to be a habit.  Mark my words---The Yanks are coming and they will need to be taking care of and for that we need to have them keep chasing us and not get within a game or two of us.  That means we have to play our best players and keep winning.  Just my opinion.

Fred, love you man, but this is a pretty offensive post.