6. Justin Upton (R) LF
7. Jose Iglesias (R) SS
8. Taylor Ward (R) RF
9. Drew Butera (R) C

Gametime Temp: 68°F
Chance of Precip: 2%

MongoLikeSox

bah!

Iglesias again. Seems like he's had more than his fair share of big hits against us.

MongoLikeSox

And, yay!

6 weeks of Barnes like this is darned impressive.

SeaBeachFred

We gave up the lead and then Bobby Dalbec hit a bomb to give us the lead.......and we didn't give it up.  Barnes has been unreal, no longer a meatball by any means.  I would hope  that some of his renaissance rubs off on some of the other bullpenners, though Ottavino looked very sharp in the 8th inning.  The last five Angels struck out and that is great relief pitching.  I'm not going to get carried away but this was a good win, but I want to see them build on it by winning this series and it would be good to nail it down tomorrow.  We need high energy again for this series.

My wife was a good sport and felt happy for me so there is no chance in the world that I would even attempt to rub it in.  Besides, with the Red Sox it is never a good idea to rub anything in.

Sea Dog 23

My takeaway is another good night for the bottom of the order. Cora is doing some adjusting me thinks.  6 through 9 had 6 hits. 1 through 5 had just 3.  6 thru 9 had only 3 Ks to 6 Ks for the top of the order.  Chavis got smoked tonight.

Pivetta was solid.  Some reporter said he got the vaccination and felt woozy a couple days.  He said the thinking was IL.  What a positive turnaround for Nick.  I don’t know who half these guys are,  but they’re Sox guys, so go get em boys!

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 14, 2021, 09:54:20 PM
My wife was a good sport and felt happy for me so there is no chance in the world that I would even attempt to rub it in.  Besides, with the Red Sox it is never a good idea to rub anything in.
My wife is a Washington Football Team fan. Every five years when they play the 'Pats, we go to a local pub with a row of TVs going to watch. Each of us in our team Jerseys. People ask about it. We (jokingly) tell them we're less likely to escalate into plate throwing and eye scratching in public.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on May 15, 2021, 05:04:52 AM
My takeaway is another good night for the bottom of the order. Cora is doing some adjusting me thinks.  6 through 9 had 6 hits. 1 through 5 had just 3.  6 thru 9 had only 3 Ks to 6 Ks for the top of the order.  Chavis got smoked tonight.

Pivetta was solid.  Some reporter said he got the vaccination and felt woozy a couple days.  He said the thinking was IL.  What a positive turnaround for Nick.  I don’t know who half these guys are,  but they’re Sox guys, so go get em boys!
I really wish Chavis had not chased at that high heater. I think that's the one he's really being judged on. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on May 15, 2021, 07:05:56 AM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 14, 2021, 09:54:20 PM
My wife is a Washington Football Team fan. Every five years when they play the 'Pats, we go to a local pub with a row of TVs going to watch. Each of us in our team Jerseys. People ask about it. We (jokingly) tell them we're less likely to escalate into plate throwing and eye scratching in public.

Rooting for different teams does not engender a bitter rivalry between spouses if they don't let it happen.  We don't, you and your wife don't.  In some ways it's fun as long as the side that wins that particular game on that particular day is a good sport about it.  I just hope I am the one today who can again be the "good sport about it."