6. Harold Castro (L) 2B
7. JaCoby Jones (R) CF
8. Victor Reyes (S) RF
9. Akil Baddoo (L) LF

Gametime Temp: 56°F
Chance of Precip: 1%

Sea Dog 23

longgame

I wish I could figure out Cora's lineup.  Today we have Verdugo in LF and Renfroe in RF.  Put Verdugo in RF, every game, unless you want him to play CF when Hernandez isn't playing.  Renfroe doesn't hustle and RF is big.  We don't have JBJ covering half of it now so we need the defense there.  LF is different at Fenway but they've been playing with the same wall through spring training and the throws are shorter.  Put Renfroe there where he can do less damage. 

Gonzalez is a disappointment with the bat too and hasn't given us much, although he's a surprisingly good defender for a utility guy.  At least he's likely to put the bat on the ball when needed than some of these other guys who just start swinging blindly (unless it's a straight fastball right down the middle to end the game a la Hernandez). 

Sea Dog 23

Im not watching the game, but something happened to Kike' after his double.  Franchy pinch runner and later scored.

longgame

Franchy apparently had a hit too. 

Sox are falling apart in this game.  Errors, not covering bases, poor relief pitching again after a shaky start.

I guess I should be happy that MLB tells me I'm viewing the game but only seems to "show" the WEEI broadcast.

Sea Dog 23

Nathan has gone bonzo.  Now 6 runs on 8 hits.  I don't know what to say other than a real cluster going on today.

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on May 06, 2021, 02:13:54 PM
Nathan has gone bonzo.  Now 6 runs on 8 hits.  I don't know what to say other than a real cluster going on today.

It's getting worse. 

This team lowers itself below the competition and can't win at home.  Great.

MongoLikeSox

I don't want it to happen, but at this point, I'd be really disappointed if Detroit didn't come back from this. been that kind of day.

Francy's got two hits and a good play on D. Maybe that's the trick. don't tell him he's playing until after the game starts.

longgame

And now they're back up.  It's like everyone but poor Dalbec got the message.  I feel for the kid, but have to wonder if he's every played on a winning team.  So many opportunities and so few results.

markj

elktonnick

This team's mental errors are infuriating!  A walk and a balk equals a run. 

MongoLikeSox

The irony of him getting the balk call after i don't know how many of his pitches I see and chanting quietly "stop stop stop stop". And of course he balks at a different point.

But whatever. This is uglier than home-made soap.

longgame

Tied up again.  This would be entertaining if they were playing a good team and were playing well.

MongoLikeSox

elktonnick

Inexcusable O walking the leadoff guy with a 3 run lead.