5. Willians Astudillo (R) 3B
6. Miguel Sano (R) 1B
7. Jake Cave (L) CF
8. Ryan Jeffers (R) C
9. JT Riddle (L) SS

Gametime Temp: 42°F
Chance of Precip: 2%

Sea Dog 23

Richards had a rough 2nd, bases loaded twice.  All told , 2 runs 3 hits, 2 BB.  He doesnt show much for velocity today.  Maybe a warm weather pitcher.

I hope Sox can get to their bullpen.  Peneida looks in a groove today.

longgame

BoSoxFanNY

Sox winning streak comes to an end.
AND yet! this team doesn't give up.
Twins 4 - Sox 3

Just when you thought the final score would be 3 - 0,
Verdugo ties it with a bases clearing double to
score 3 runs in the 8th inning.

Sox had their chances in the top of the 9th,
yet lost in the bottom of the 9th.

ALL in all - proud of this team.

SeaBeachFred

Three out of four from a good team like the Twins is ok my me.  Now we must get into a consistent pattern and be able to  handle what comes our way.  We might have a decent team after all, though I'm not yet ready to say that now.

elktonnick

It was an enjoyable series.  Pineda's breaking ball had sox hitters baffled.  For me apart from a strong showing by Boston was the fact that the umpiring crew got two obvious calls completely wrong at home plate.   I hope Torres or whomever is in charge of the umpires confront the umpiring crew with their lapses in missing two obvious calls.  Someone in that crew should have seen those plays.

Sea Dog 23

One would think that the bullpen is getting settled.  Barnes showed this week he is the closer, maybe by default.  After yesterday's game, Ottavino was struggling to identify himself, not a closer, maybe not even the set-up guy (Whitlock?).  He and Cora will have to decide that in weeks to come.  But if there is only one or two weak spot, that is an enormous improvement over 2020.

Bill-806

As DAD would say, "SON, we can't win them all" !!!   But, it was a great 9 game run !!!  Back to friendly FENWAY in the RAIN ???? GO SOX !!! thumb_u iono iono

longgame

Ottavino was awful but I'll give a guy a pass until the weather warms up.  Just put him in non-essential situations until he finds it.

Umpiring has been very bad this year in general. 

On to a tough team in the White Sox.