Red Sox

Chris Mazza (R)

Lineups pending

Yankees

J.A. Happ (L)

Lineups pending

Gametime Temp: 70°F
Chance of Precip: 64%

Let's pray for rain George.  We don't stand a chance of winning tonight.  We're on Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN and you know our record in those type of games.

BoSoxFanNY

I AGREE - hoping for a rainout!
Although, here in New York - the rain may lighten by evening.

And yes, the Sox rarely win when the game is broadcast on ESPN.

BoSoxFanNY

AND the Sox lose again 4 - 2.
The ONLY silver lining - they did not embarrass themselves in this game.
Mazza gave up 4 runs in the first 3 innings AND the relievers didn't allow any
runs the rest of the game.

elktonnick

Despite giving up 4 runs, I didn't think Mazza a pitched that badly.  He went longer than he has done in any previous outing and the Yankees got a big break when that ball hit first.  The biggest problem was the Sox weak hitting. 

longgame

Sad when one of your better pitching performances is from a scrap heap guy and you still lose the game.  Just pathetic.

They had a stat during the game that I had seen earlier on Twitter.  This pitching staff has given up more runs in these 20 games than Pedro did in 3 straight seasons in three times the innings.

Of course MLB doesn't help with this schedule with 7 games at Yankee Stadium and 3 at Fenway, but I don't think the result would change really.

It's just getting tough to watch these games and I always used to get excited about a Yankee-Red Sox game as we used to say it made no difference what the records were and that both teams would come to play.  Not anymore.

Bill-806

And the BEAT (DOWN) goes on !!!  Our MOMS & DADS must be rolling ovaa in their graves !!! Time to move DEVERS, J D, and all the other wanabe HOME RUN HITTERS !!! sigh sigh sigh iono iono iono iono  NOW GRASSHOPPER !!

SeaBeachFred

We have some tradseable players who could get us some good prospects and a lot of scum that need to go for whatever we can for them.Moreland is doing well and he might bring something of value to the team even though I like the guy.  I'm rally getting pissed at Devers.  He can't field worth shit, hasn't hit much and looks like a beahed whale out there.  Of course forget about t erading Bradley.  No one wants him and we're s tuck with him but maybe we can bribe someone teo take him and Barnes.