5. Hanser Alberto (R) 2B
6. Chris Davis (L) 1B
7. Renato Nunez (R) DH
8. Chance Sisco (L) C
9. DJ Stewart (L) LF

Gametime Temp: 90°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Sea Dog 23

Weber serves up a tasty pitch n the first and watched it leave the yard.  Vas gets us on the board. Like Ted says, this team is gonna have to hit lights out.  There is simply little to no pitching available this year.  Dizzy would say slim and none.

Murph

There  will be a MERCY RULE in effect when the Bombers see this college staff.

Murph

9 games with the Mets NYY and  TB with 7 away games n with the Yanks and TB.Raise your hand if you thing there is ar leat a 25 % chance of 5 wins.

SeaBeachFred

Roenicke was talking up Weber for the past two weeks of Summer ST and once again he doesn't seem to know what the hell he was talking about.  WEber stinks!!!  He was mostly shitty last year and shitty this season.  We best try using the Opener type pitching sequence and hope we can do better than letting turds like Perez and Weber and some of the other duds we have keep us from winning ten games this season.  Owner Prune Face Henry has a lot of explaining to do.  If he going to reset do it NOW and trade or release enough players to accumulate enough money to be able to sign some solid FA over this winter.  Of course, perhaps the Prune is trying to become the first owner to have four WS Titles and four last place finished in his near 20 years of ownership.

Bill-806

PLEASE remind the SOX that this is a 60 game run, we do not have the luxury of PLAYING 20 games in to get the cobwebs off !!!!  NOW GRASSHOPPER !  iono iono iono iono iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl

Sea Dog 23

I saw a plum of an idea today.  Bloom is thinking giving Dr Fauci a tryout.  Could it get any worse?   rofl

Bill-806

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 26, 2020, 07:27:40 PM
I saw a plum of an idea today.  Bloom is thinking giving Dr Fauci a tryout.  Could it get any worse?   rofl
That might be a good idea .....  I heard that Fauci throws to both sides of the plate !!!! iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

longgame

This just in - this team stinks.  Imagine losing your ace to injury, trade away your #2, E-Rod is probably #3 and he's sick and we have to hope that 60 games is shorter than Eovaldi's injury window.  So they went out and got one guy who didn't look good and now it's getting close to open tryouts time.

I heard Buccholz is available.  He's better than anyone else they have.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on July 27, 2020, 07:59:59 AM
This just in - this team stinks.  Imagine losing your ace to injury, trade away your #2, E-Rod is probably #3 and he's sick and we have to hope that 60 games is shorter than Eovaldi's injury window.  So they went out and got one guy who didn't look good and now it's getting close to open tryouts time.

Osik tonight agai nst the Mets----whoever the hell he is.  Perhaps short brained Roenicke will go an inning apiece for most of his pitchers so we don't have to see on e guy put us four or five runs behind in the first couple of innings.

Murph

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 27, 2020, 01:37:35 PM

Osik tonight agai nst the Mets----whoever the hell he is.  Perhaps short brained Roenicke will go an inning apiece for most of his pitchers so we don't have to see on e guy put us four or five runs behind in the first couple of innings.

Fred name calling RR considering the circumstances and what he has to work with is a bit to much don't you think.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Murph on July 27, 2020, 04:25:31 PM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 27, 2020, 01:37:35 PM

Fred name calling RR considering the circumstances and what he has to work with is a bit to much don't you think.

No, I don't think that Murph.  He may not have a lot to work with but when he tells the press he wants to keep his men fresh and rested as he did two days ago I question his sanity.  We're only playing 60 games and his players have had nearly four months of extra rest after a long off season after last one.  Right now he's shown me he is a slow witted tool who is quickly working his way out of Boston.  Now, as for not having much to work with, that is on the front office who have put the Red Sox into an embarrassing position of being a joke this  truncated season, and as I have said all along------the Red Sox should be contending for a playoff spot  every damn year.  Not always getting to the Big Show but contending to get to the big show.  Three last place finishes the past eight years is crap.  Well Murph, we will just have to agree to disagree on this.