GAME #137, SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 1, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT CHICAGO WHITE SOX

Started by markj, September 01, 2018, 11:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Ah, good cause.

Moreland is still useless with a bat. He couldn't have made that GIDP any easier for the White Sox.

markj

Good, solid win. E-Rod with a gem. BP was flawless. Bats were active. Just what we needed.

Schloicka

Nice easy game. Good pitching. Enough hitting. Sox showed some power with 3 hr's. E-Rod with the win. No drama tonight. Sox keep the 7.5 game lead & another game comes off the schedule. On to Sunday we go.

ipot

E-Rod was outstanding tonight.  I really hope that's the pitcher we see from now through the postseason.  He IS capable of that kind of dominance.  May he keep it up.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

SeaBeachFred

It seems so nice when the team can go out there and play an all around solid game as they did tonight.  Good to have E-Rod back, especially if he can pitch as he did tonight.  We got the good power and solid relief pitching, but I still wish we had a couple of on field leaders to spur the team on and maybe Kinsler who I have always liked can do it and should because he is one of us now and should be more than willing to assume some leadership role in the infield because no one else is capable of doing it there.  Now we need to finish things off tomorrow and do what's needed to win this series because every win is important now, and maybe fifth starter Johnson can make up for what the third and fourth starters have failed to do. 

I had to shake my head at the Yankee game......they get two hits and win 2-1 over the Tigers.  Of course, Tanaka pitched a gem and you can win those kind if you get pitching like that.  I would like to see some of that from our starting pitchers from here on in.   Anyway, as George said, on to Sunday.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 01, 2018, 10:59:26 PM
It seems so nice when the team can go out there and play an all around solid game as they did tonight.  Good to have E-Rod back, especially if he can pitch as he did tonight.  We got the good power and solid relief pitching, but I still wish we had a couple of on field leaders to spur the team on and maybe Kinsler who I have always liked can do it and should because he is one of us now and should be more than willing to assume some leadership role in the infield because no one else is capable of doing it there.  Now we need to finish things off tomorrow and do what's needed to win this series because every win is important now, and maybe fifth starter Johnson can make up for what the third and fourth starters have failed to do. 

I had to shake my head at the Yankee game......they get two hits and win 2-1 over the Tigers.  Of course, Tanaka pitched a gem and you can win those kind if you get pitching like that.  I would like to see some of that from our starting pitchers from here on in.   Anyway, as George said, on to Sunday.
B T W , Who is that  JBJ guy in C F ?  Where did he come from ????? iono iono iono iono iono iono rofl rofl rofl