GAME #134, WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 29, 2018, MIAMI MARLINS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, August 29, 2018, 09:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Interesting game. No gimme win tonight. That win was stamped with authority.

I hope Price is ok. He was still in the dugout, so that's a positive sign.

Schloicka

Thornburg with the win. I thought the pen did a decent job keeping the team in the game until offense came alive. On to Chicago.

markj

Yanks lose. Sox now 7-1/2 up. I can't believe the White Sox took the series at Yankee Stadium. Wow.

elktonnick

Great win.  Kudos to Cora.  Pinch hitting Swihart and Holt proved to be heady moves.  I rip Cora when I think he screws up so I have  got to give him credit when credit is due.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on August 29, 2018, 09:04:24 PM
Yanks lose. Sox now 7-1/2 up. I can't believe the White Sox took the series at Yankee Stadium. Wow.

Mark, first of all it is great to be up by 7.5 games now after getting it down to 5.5 a few days ago and tonight we did what he had to do to get an extra game up in the standings, but what I don't know is whether the Yankees are just human and still have their share of troubles beating the lower teams in the standings or whether the White Sox are on their way to start playing solid baseball with their youth movement ready to finally wing off.  We'll find out tomorrow when we start a four game series with them......IN THEIR BALLPARK.  I certainly hope Price is all right; we need him and we need Porcello and now E-Rod to step back up and help carry the load.  Pedro Martinez said he saw something he feels Eovaldi might be doing that is impeding his pitching and got the go ahead to work with him.  Hope that works too.  If you or anyone hears anything about David Price please let me know.  I don't want to lose that guy and I want Sale back as soon as possible for him to pitch.  As I've to everyone until they are bored to tears listening to me----we need to win the AL East.  No WC for us----it's a death sentence for the playoffs.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on August 29, 2018, 09:13:44 PM
Great win.  Kudos to Cora.  Pinch hitting Swihart and Holt proved to be heady moves.  I rip Cora when I think he screws up so I have  got to give him credit when credit is due.

Beat me  to it again Elk, but that's no surprise.  Your praise of Cora's moves proves that you're very fair minded.  Sometimes I can use a little of that myself when I get antsy about him and our team.  Now if he can only use his bullpen wisely and make sure Kimbrel stays sharp by now allowing to go more than two or three days without pitching.

ipot

Yup.  Which is why we're constantly reminded not to take any team lightly, except the Orioles ;) 

Up until our 11 run 7th the Marlins were not pushovers these 2 games by any means.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

It is just one of those SPECIAL SEASONS !!!!!   & you can  B I N G O  dat !!!! thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: ipot on August 29, 2018, 10:25:42 PM

Yup.  Which is why we're constantly reminded not to take any team lightly, except the Orioles ;) 

Up until our 11 run 7th the Marlins were not pushovers these 2 games by any means.

A pre-emptive strike my friend.........not to take any team lightly INCLUDING THE ORIOLES.  We must never take anyone lightly because it always seems to come back and bite us on the tush.