4. Tommy Pham (R) LF
5. Jake Bauers (L) 1B
6. Kevin Kiermaier (L) CF
7. Willy Adames (R) SS
8. Brandon Lowe (L) RF
9. Michael Perez (L) C

Gametime Forecast: 90°F • Humid and Partly Clo • 3% PoP

ipot

Today, I'm hoping the NYY lose.  That's it.  Sox have a 2 percent chance of winning today
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

Quote from: ipot on August 26, 2018, 10:15:30 AM
Today, I'm hoping the NYY lose.  That's it.  Sox have a 2 percent chance of winning today
"LIKE SAND THRU THE HOUR GLASS, SO ARE THE GAMES LEFT IN THIS SEASO!!"  iono iono iono

BoSoxFanNY

Can't understand why he is resting Benny AND JD considering
that tomorrow is an off day.

CRAP!

The Yankees will probably win tonight.
CRAP!

PLEASE not let this be September, 2011 again . . .

BoSoxFanNY

Sox are losing 5 - 0 in the bottom of the 4th inning.

I AM OFFICIALLY NERVOUS!

This team was cruising - WTF is happening??

And the Yankees are winning these days  . . .

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

BoSoxFanNY

Make that 6 - 0 in the bottom of the 4th inning.

Sox will be swept for the first time all season
AND the Yankees are playing good ball against the lowly Orioles.

DANG IT!

Bill-806

Just plain uninterested BASEBALL !!!   9-1 ….. Our PITCHING looks so uninterested ……  90 WINS, as DAD would say.... "SON, what you did is behind you, going forward is what counts" !!!  LOUSY BASEBALL !!! thumb_d thumb_d iono iono iono

BoSoxFanNY

Pitiful.
Sox lose to the Rays 9 - 1.
SWEPT by the Rays.

Rooting for the Orioles tonight.

markj

Yanks will win tonight and be just 6 games back. Sox have 6 games left with the Yanks. It's getting serious here. If the Sox are going to play sub-.500 ball, it's all over.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on August 26, 2018, 03:48:27 PM
Pitiful.
Sox lose to the Rays 9 - 1.
SWEPT by the Rays.

Rooting for the Orioles tonight.

Watch the football game instead of setting yourself up for a major disappointment and maybe a nightmare tonight.  The Orioles have absolutely NO chance tonight against Severeno and his cohorts. Save yourself the agony.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on August 26, 2018, 04:05:14 PM
Yanks will win tonight and be just 6 games back. Sox have 6 games left with the Yanks. It's getting serious here. If the Sox are going to play sub-.500 ball, it's all over.

One thing is certain to me markj.  We need to get Sale back once and for all and get E-Rod back on the mound and Johnson and Velasquez out of the damn rotation.  Also. Cora has to stop this half-ass maneuvering with our lineups.  Platoon Holt and Nunez at third keep Kinsler at second for a little stability.  When Dever comes back, he can DH when JD plays in the outfield when Bradley goes into his usual September swoon; hopefully not.  AND SOMEONE OF SOME PLAYERS OUT THERE SHOW SOME BALLS AND GUTS AND TAKE CHARGE.   This team has lost six of its last eight games and are looking like a pile of dog shit right now.

As many of my friends out there know, I have always been suspicious of this team of ours but I thought those fears were gone until last Sunday when we started to crap the bed.

ipot

There was no way we were going to beat Snell, but Eovaldi is pretty much the putrid pitcher he was with the NYY in 2016. 

The NYY beat the Os 5-3 in the 7th.  (The O's aren't coming back; book that). 

6 GB.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

B T W,  just a couple of things here...….  1/  To win in TAMPA the TEAM needs to play B I N G O BALL as that field is a disgrace !!   2/ I have seen enough of the "PLAYERS WEEKEND" stuff, FOOLISH & BORING !! thumb_d iono iono iono

Schloicka

Getting Sale back isn't really going to make a lot of difference. In the 2 games he missed so far the Sox have scored a total of 3 runs combined. Until Betts starts hitting the ball again our offense will be stagnant for the most part. As Betts goes so go the Red Sox. And what happened to Pearce? He came over and was hitting well then all of a sudden he's not in the line up on a regular basis.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on August 27, 2018, 03:15:01 PM
Getting Sale back isn't really going to make a lot of difference. In the 2 games he missed so far the Sox have scored a total of 3 runs combined. Until Betts starts hitting the ball again our offense will be stagnant for the most part. As Betts goes so go the Red Sox. And what happened to Pearce? He came over and was hitting well then all of a sudden he's not in the line up on a regular basis.

What you say George is right on the money----that is, if you are talking about the physical part of it.  However, how is Sale's loss affecting the psychological well being of the team.  From the past few seasons we all know that it doesn't take much at all to throw this group of players off, and as for Betts, as talented as he is, I have always doubted his toughness and his lack of iron will.  When he slumps it seems to just  turn him into a cypher.  Yes, he and the rest of the team must now rebound and go on a winning streak.  We have a tougher schedule to face up to than the Yankees and we need to start winning despite the difference in our schedules.  It is time to barf and get away from the sink.....once and for all.