4. Tommy Pham (R) LF
5. C.J. Cron (R) 1B
6. Kevin Kiermaier (L) CF
7. Willy Adames (R) SS
8. Brandon Lowe (L) RF
9. Michael Perez (L) C

Gametime Forecast: 86°F • Light Rain • 42% PoP

Bill-806

SOX looking at a MUST win tonight as the YANK$ are ahead 9-2 , 8th inning in the First of TWO with the PATHETIC AA BALTIMORE O's with the 2nd game TONIGHT...… TWO YANK wins and a SOX LOSS will be hurtful !!! iono iono iono

ipot

We have to get a streak of Ws strung together.  Tonight wouldn't be a bad time to start that.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

markj

Rays seem to find lots of really big holes to hit into. Sox are always in the wrong place, it seems.

markj

Now we're giving away runs. How does a team like this suddenly forget how to win?

markj

Heading for another loss. A week or so ago I posted that if the Sox played .500 ball the rest of the way, the Yanks would have to play .780 ball to catch them. Well that was based on the assumption that the Sox could at least play .500 ball. I'm wondering now.

markj

Schloicka

Sox had a good chance when they scored their run but Moreland killed the inning with his dp even though a run scored on it. He gets a big hit once in a while but hits into the shift more often then not.

Schloicka

1 run tonight. 3 runs last night. Our offense is lacking big time. On to Sunday.

markj

Yanks are going to win again tonight, so they'll be 7 games back. Just 6 in the loss column. The Sox better wake up and smell the coffee soon.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on August 25, 2018, 07:09:45 PM
Now we're giving away runs. How does a team like this suddenly forget how to win?

markj, you should know by now that this team does not handle adversity very well.  One has to wonder if we are witnessing another dress rehearsal for a 2011 total collapse.  We play with the best of them when things are going well but when tough times set in this leaderless team goes off the tracks. Some one or some people have to get their asses in gear and take charge or the season could fall apart---AND ANY WC FOR OUR TEAM IS A TOTAL DEATH SENTENCE BECAUSE WE WOULD HAVE NOT A CHANCE IN HELL OF WINNING THROUGH IT.

markj

Still not panicking yet. I ran the numbers and things haven't changed that much. If the Sox win 15 or 16 of their remaining 31 games (.500), the Yanks would still have to play .727 ball. So it's still a long shot for the Yanks. But I'm not nearly as confident as I was a week ago.

BoSoxFanNY

I must say that I am a bit worried - the Yankees will get stronger.
AND we have 6 of our last 9 games against them.

CRAP!

And Snell is on the mound for the Rays tomorrow - not looking good . . .

ipot

The NYY in the mirror are closer than they appear.   At 7 GB I'll say 'it is possible.'  At 9 GB I don't say that.  Weird.

This team has turned into a s--t show.  They're just listless.  No fight.  No clutch.  Nothing.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee