GAME #127, TUESDAY, AUGUST 21, 2018, CLEVELAND INDIANS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, August 21, 2018, 12:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

Agreed that a lot of this runs through Mookie, although other guys have to pick him up. 

When you see Cleveland's bullpen you realize how flawed ours is.  They can match up, they have guys that throw crazy sliders.  We have righties who throw hard but suffer when their command goes a little.

longgame

Let's hope Fred can bring them some luck.  I'm headed up in that direction myself and while I won't be able to catch them up there, but my son and I are headed to Atlanta to see them when I get back.

markj

If this was a seven game, post-season series against the Indians, we'd be heading back to 3 games in Cleveland down 0-2. That thought is concerning.

Bill-806

Quote from: markj on August 21, 2018, 10:42:09 PM
If this was a seven game, post-season series against the Indians, we'd be heading back to 3 games in Cleveland down 0-2. That thought is concerning.
As DAD would say, "SON, looks like we are not as good as we thought we are" ???? thumb_d iono iono iono

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: Bill-806 on August 22, 2018, 06:45:29 AM
Quote from: markj on August 21, 2018, 10:42:09 PM
As DAD would say, "SON, looks like we are not as good as we thought we are" ???? thumb_d iono iono iono

I'm also factoring in our schedule against a depleted AL east this year.  Balt. 40 plus under .500, the Rays giving away their talent early on.  We do seem to have the Yanks number this year

ipot

Quote from: longgame on August 21, 2018, 10:40:11 PM
Agreed that a lot of this runs through Mookie, although other guys have to pick him up. 

When you see Cleveland's bullpen you realize how flawed ours is.  They can match up, they have guys that throw crazy sliders.  We have righties who throw hard but suffer when their command goes a little.

That steady diet of sliders is killing us.  Ugh.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee