GAME #126, MONDAY, AUGUST 20, 2018, CLEVELAND INDIANS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, August 20, 2018, 02:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Now another 2-run dinger. They jinxed him with that talk about home runs. Sox down 5-3. The bats better wake up again soon.

BoSoxFanNY

CRAP - Porcello has given up TWO 2 run homers.
Both with a 1-0 count.

THOUGHT that when we scored 3 runs off Kluber that Porcello
would be able to hold his serve.

CRAP!

elktonnick

Really have to second guess Cora leaving Porcello in after taking that shot.

markj

markj

markj

BoSoxFanNY

DANG IT
Sox lose 5 - 4.

Indians score all their runs on homers
Sox score their runs on hits . . .

OH for a homer today with men on base . . .

ipot

Porcello gave up 3 HRs (old school Porcello)
Cora left Porcello in too long.
Too many LOBs

You don't score 3 runs off Kluber and lose the game.   

I don't want to face Cleveland in the playoffs.  They are better than their record.

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

Quote from: ipot on August 20, 2018, 10:50:55 PM
Porcello gave up 3 HRs (old school Porcello)
Cora left Porcello in too long.
Too many LOBs

You don't score 3 runs off Kluber and lose the game.   

I don't want to face Cleveland in the playoffs.  They are better than their record.
B I N G O !!!   BEGS the QUESTION, can our PITCHERS compete with the OTHER TOP TEAMS that we will see in the PLAYOFFS !!!!!! iono iono iono

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on August 20, 2018, 08:13:23 PM

I was frankly shocked.  At best he'd get the next guy out and would come out anyhow and they had someone in the pen warming up.  The right thing to do there was just take him out and thank him for a good night.  Bad call to leave him in.

But the Sox need to hit.  The key inning was I think the 7th and Betts and Benitendi go down on one pitch each.  Come on guys, work the count, find your pitch!  I think they were loose early and got tight when Cleveland started hitting and then everyone wants to swing for the fences. 

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on August 21, 2018, 07:28:04 AM
Quote from: elktonnick on August 20, 2018, 08:13:23 PM

I was frankly shocked.  At best he'd get the next guy out and would come out anyhow and they had someone in the pen warming up.  The right thing to do there was just take him out and thank him for a good night.  Bad call to leave him in.

But the Sox need to hit.  The key inning was I think the 7th and Betts and Benitendi go down on one pitch each.  Come on guys, work the count, find your pitch!  I think they were loose early and got tight when Cleveland started hitting and then everyone wants to swing for the fences.
Very much AGREE !! iono iono

Sea Dog 23

Sox need to load up on Bieber tonight if we want to salvage something from this series.  Corasco is a dominant pitcher up on Wed.

ipot

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 21, 2018, 11:02:26 AM
Sox need to load up on Bieber tonight if we want to salvage something from this series.  Corasco is a dominant pitcher up on Wed.

Yup.  Looking at this Cleveland team's individual stats, both hitters and pitchers and you wonder why they're not neck and neck with the Sox for best team W/L in the AL.  FWIW, they are 15-5 in their last 20.  As hot as we are.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee