GAME #122, WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 15, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT PHILLIES

Started by markj, August 15, 2018, 02:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Quote from: Schloicka on August 15, 2018, 09:45:40 PM
Eovaldi gave up 1 earned run. Had 5 K's & no walks in 5 innings. Sox had some chances but it wasn't to be. They are still 10 games up since the Yanks lost to TB. On to Friday and hopefully a better outcome. 

Eovaldi did ok. I'll be glad to get Kinsler back so Nunez can go to 3B and they can sit Daffy Duck and his errors. Didn't miss him a bit when he was out.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on August 15, 2018, 09:47:22 PM
Eovaldi gave up 1 earned run. Had 5 K's & no walks in 5 innings. Sox had some chances but it wasn't to be. They are still 10 games up since the Yanks lost to TB. On to Friday and hopefully a better outcome. 

Eovaldi did ok. I'll be glad to get Kinsler back so Nunez can go to 3B and they can sit Daffy Duck and his errors. Didn't miss him a bit when he was out.

Unless Daffy is a 35 homer, 120 RBI player he shapes up more as a liability than an asset.  His fielding is pathetic and seems to be getting worse.  Getting Kinsler back should help AND HE SHOULD BE INSERTED AT SECOND BASE AND LEFT ALONE.  We can platoon Holt and Nunez at third base with Holt sometimes spelling Bogaerts at short, and, BTW, I'm still waiting for Xander to explode with a big hot streak.  Maybe it will come on this home stand which starts Friday.  Too many DP's errors and pitches hanging in the zone as Pomeranz once again showed why he should be pitching elsewhere next season.  But the Yankees lost and that's one less game they have to try and overtake us so it wasn't a complete washout tonight.

SeaBeachFred

Nathan deserved a better fate with better fielding and better clutch hitting tonight but it is hard to keep the pace we've set without an occasional hiccup.  I will be leaving with my wife Linda Friday afternoon for New York for a Sports Travel Baseball Tour.  We will see the Yanks and Blue Jays on Sunday, the Mets and Giants on Monday and the Red Sox and Indians on Wednesday, along with a trip to Cooperstown.  This is the first time Linda has gone with me on a baseball trip after 18 seasons of doing it and I hope when we get back the Red Sox will still have a ten game lead.

markj

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 15, 2018, 10:28:08 PM

Nathan deserved a better fate with better fielding and better clutch hitting tonight but it is hard to keep the pace we've set without an occasional hiccup.  I will be leaving with my wife Linda Friday afternoon for New York for a Sports Travel Baseball Tour.  We will see the Yanks and Blue Jays on Sunday, the Mets and Giants on Monday and the Red Sox and Indians on Wednesday, along with a trip to Cooperstown.  This is the first time Linda has gone with me on a baseball trip after 18 seasons of doing it and I hope when we get back the Red Sox will still have a ten game lead.

That's very cool. I hope you have a great trip, Fred.

ipot

Daffy Duck is getting tiresome.  He's also in a hitting slump and left 7 LOBsters on tonight. 

The Phillies reminded the MLB that our Achilles heel still remains our pen which is worse than the numbers show.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

Quote from: ipot on August 15, 2018, 10:53:01 PM

Daffy Duck is getting tiresome.  He's also in a hitting slump and left 7 LOBsters on tonight. 

The Phillies reminded the MLB that our Achilles heel still remains our pen which is worse than the numbers show.
B I N G O dat on ALL COUNTS !!!  DEVERS is killing us at 3rd, the play when a throw was coming from the outfield & RAFFY was a FOOT behind the bag with an attempt with a CLUMSY TAG !! Looks lost at the plate too...….  Kelly & POMERANZ ??????? thumb_d iono iono iono

BoSoxFanNY

OH MY -
The Rays just beat the Yankees this afternoon (August 16th) 3 - 1.
Sox are now 10 1/2 games ahead of the Yankees in the AL EAST.

The Yankees had the bases loaded NO OUTS  in the bottom of the 9th inning
and could not score a run.
YAHOOO!

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on August 16, 2018, 03:34:40 PM
OH MY -

YAHOOO!

That is so unlike the Yankees I've known for 70 years but it sure sounds good to me so long as we don't take our foot off the pedal.  That bases loaded, no outs in the ninth sounds so much like the Red Sox, circa 2014 and 2015.  Come to think of it we still did a little of that the last two years if my memory serves me right.  Good to know other teams do this now and then.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 16, 2018, 04:36:58 PM
Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on August 16, 2018, 03:34:40 PM
OH MY -

YAHOOO!

That is so unlike the Yankees I've known for 70 years but it sure sounds good to me so long as we don't take our foot off the pedal.  That bases loaded, no outs in the ninth sounds so much like the Red Sox, circa 2014 and 2015.  Come to think of it we still did a little of that the last two years if my memory serves me right.  Good to know other teams do this now and then.
The BASEBALLGODS are with us !!!  As DAD would say..... "SON, this SEASON is SPECIAL, enjoy it !!!" thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 15, 2018, 10:28:08 PM

Sounds like fun Fred.  I'm heading up to New England myself next week.  Have fun!