GAME #118, FRIDAY, AUGUST 10, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT ORIOLES

Started by Bear, August 10, 2018, 06:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

Quote from: markj on August 10, 2018, 08:49:55 PM
Are Sox pitchers hitting the sauce lately? WTF is wrong with them?

I wonder if Butler catching throws them off a bit. 

elktonnick

Marvin Hudson the hp.umpire is known as a hitter's umpire. His strike zone is very tight.  Nevertheless this game has all the hallmarks of game played.in the lower minors.

markj

Hembree just couldn't get that 3rd strike. One run game again.

markj

elktonnick

Hembree and Butler aren't in synch.  Hembree looks like crap.

longgame

I think Cora stumbled into a rookie manager mistake by not sorting out who would start the second game tomorrow.  He put four games in play instead of one.  In essence he told everyone they had to be perfect or save the pen instead of just throwing their game.  Relievers on pins and needles too as a result.  I think he’ll recognize this and correct for the future. 

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on August 10, 2018, 08:59:26 PM
Hembree and Butler aren't in synch.  Hembree looks like crap.

They just haven’t worked with the guy and he’s a 10 year minor leaguer for a reason.  Sort of like a Bull Durham. 

Speaking of which going to see the Bulls with my son tomorrow. 

elktonnick

Schloicka

Quote from: longgame on August 10, 2018, 09:01:04 PM
I think Cora stumbled into a rookie manager mistake by not sorting out who would start the second game tomorrow.  He put four games in play instead of one.  In essence he told everyone they had to be perfect or save the pen instead of just throwing their game.  Relievers on pins and needles too as a result.  I think he’ll recognize this and correct for the future.

Should of let Pomerantz go a 2nd inning with the 3 run lead. Needed to try to win the game at hand and worry about tomorrow when it got here. Sometimes you out think yourself.

markj

markj

elktonnick

Both teams seem to have trouble catching the ball.  14 to 10 Patriots beating the Ravens.

Schloicka

Here's food for thought. Instead of worrying about tomorrow nights game just make it easy and activate Sale & let him pitch tomorrow and give the pen time to rest for a Sunday relievers game.

longgame

Quote from: Schloicka on August 10, 2018, 09:13:22 PM
Here's food for thought. Instead of worrying about tomorrow nights game just make it easy and activate Sale & let him pitch tomorrow and give the pen time to rest for a Sunday relievers game.

And if he decided that two days ago they’d all be in better shape.  My guess though is that they don’t want to change the normal routine based on his bullpen. 

Schloicka

Quote from: longgame on August 10, 2018, 09:18:22 PM
Quote from: Schloicka on August 10, 2018, 09:13:22 PM

And if he decided that two days ago they’d all be in better shape.  My guess though is that they don’t want to change the normal routine based on his bullpen.

Be a good way to do it since they have Monday off. Have Thursday off too.