GAME #116, WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 8, 2018, RED SOX AT TORONTO

Started by Bear, August 08, 2018, 06:38:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Schloicka

Hopefully we can get 6 outs before they score 5 runs?

Schloicka

Good 8th inning by Brasier. I bring him back in the 9th.

Schloicka

markj

Kelly could make this a close game here if he's not careful.

markj

Sweet DP. Xander atones. Kelly gets out of it easy. Good win.

Schloicka

Johnson with the win. He actually only had a bad 7th. Pitched well other wise. For your #4 or #5 pitcher you just want them to keep you in it. Sox scored enough. Not much to complain about. On to Thursday.

SeaBeachFred

Another good  win---then again, to me all Red Sox wins are good.  We started the artillery earlier tonight and against scored a bunch.  One thing, though.  Let's put Bradley back down in the ninth hole.  He should not be hitting ahead of Devers and Nunez, but other than that nothing to complain about.  Maybe Johnson is a solid six inning pitcher and should be relieved at the start of the seventh......something Cora might give some thought too.  Looking forward to getting Chris Sale back this weekend and am waiting to hear when Kinsler will be back in action.  I like that guy and think he is a real gamer.  We can use his defense and experience in the middle infield.  If we can go out there and finish up tomorrow in Toronto we will have held serve and the Yankees in their sweep against the Chi Sox won't have gained any real ground on us.  But we have to win again tomorrow.  Would be nice if Rick Porcello would give us something like he gave us last Friday.

ipot

This train just keeps chugging along.  Good return for Raffy.  He keeps his hot streak.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

ANOTHER GEM !!!  As DAD would say...… "SON, love the way JOHNSON keeps the hitters off balance with that sweeping slow curve & well placed assortment of off speed stuff" !! The FAST BALL guys could learn a lot from JOHNSON, picture book !!! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl