GAME #115, TUESDAY AUGUST 7, 2018, RED SOX AT TORONTO

Started by Bear, August 07, 2018, 05:43:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schloicka

Quote from: longgame on August 07, 2018, 09:06:56 PM
I’d say the back end of the pen is our Achilles Heel.  This is concerning, although maybe Kimbrel works this out now rather than later.

Kimbrels been shaky for a while. Runs the count to 3-0 to probably the 1 guy in the lineup who could hurt you and you groove a fastball. Can't do that. Throw a curve or a fastball off the plate. Not down the middle.

markj

Mookie looked at the first meatball but didn't miss the second. Now they need to get him home. 

markj

Well Kimbrel is most likely done, so we need a few runs to support whomever comes out next.

markj

markj

Schloicka

Think Moreland got it in the air. Didn't expect that hr. Guess it is better than a sac fly. 8-5 Sox now. Kimbrel in line for the win.

longgame

The big difference from last year to this year is the home run.  Last year maybe they get a base hit or even a double in those situations, but not the big blast.  Two 3 run homers should do the trick.  I’m guessing Thornburg in to finish it.

longgame

Gotta love stealing a base there and keeping the pressure on. 

longgame

markj

Schloicka

Quote from: longgame on August 07, 2018, 09:23:41 PM
Way to go JBJ.  Blowout time!

Nice job JBJ. Couple extra runs don't hurt. And now no one can get a save & it looks like Kimbrel for the win. Funny how things work out.

Schloicka

markj

markj

Finally. Good thing we had some extra runs. Not the prettiest win for the pitching staff, but I'll take it.

markj

Sox playing just above .700 ball. For this late in the season, that's incredible.