GAME #115, TUESDAY AUGUST 7, 2018, RED SOX AT TORONTO

Started by Bear, August 07, 2018, 05:43:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

This game is about to get ugly. Workman is more useless than Pomeranz.

markj

Wow, he got out of that nasty jam with no runs in. Didn't think that would happen.

elktonnick

One heck of a head's up play by Leon.  Red Sox were lucky that Gibbons didn't pinch run for the guy on third.

markj

This dead bat thing is getting old, though. Can't even get a hit out of the infield.

Schloicka

2 errors (Beni & Kelly) cost Sox a run in the 7th. Now 3-1 Jays. No idea why they were trying to pick the guy off 2nd? Looked good standing there instead of on 3rd.

markj

markj

markj

longgame

In spite of the errors the Sox manage to limit the damage and then come back with JD.  I was thinking as he was at the plate that these are the situations we got him for.  Man did he deliver.  Pedal to the metal guys!

Schloicka

Quote from: markj on August 07, 2018, 08:36:18 PM
JD makes serious hay!! Sox up 5-3.

Hard to believe. Team does nothing all game then has a good inning. Lucky there was no DP on Moreland's ball.

markj

Schloicka

Still got the lead. Next inning is probably Kimbrel time or as I call it DRAMA time.

elktonnick

Brock Holt isn't as aggressive at the plate as he once was.  He takes too many called third strikes.

markj

longgame

I’d say the back end of the pen is our Achilles Heel.  This is concerning, although maybe Kimbrel works this out now rather than later.