GAME #114, SUNDAY, AUGUST 5, 2018, NEW YORK YANKEES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, August 04, 2018, 10:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Alright, Leon in scoring position (although for him, it's a maybe).

markj

Ooh, the new kid in to run for Leon? Hope this doesn't come back to bite them.

markj

Beni will hit into avoid the shift again this time.

ipot

Pinch running for Leon.  Who's the back up catcher?  I see Dan Butler on the roster.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

ipot

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

markj

ipot

Quote from: markj on August 05, 2018, 11:51:17 PM
I knew it!!! (sort of.)

Ha.  Didn't we all ? ;)   

I love me a sweep against the NYY.  Wow. Wowza.
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

longgame

That was the signature game of the year to date.  How sweep it is!

markj

Sox are just a tiny fraction of a percentage point shy of .700 ball. And it's August. That's amazing.

BoSoxFanNY

SWEET SWEEP - OMG!!!!!!!

Wow, what a game.
What a comeback.

(And to think I was hoping the Sox would win
at least 2 games in this series!)

Remarkable!

Schloicka

Great win. Barnes with the win by pitching a 1,2,3 10th. Price actually pitched well. Think Cora got bailed out for not pulling Price after 6. A split was good. Winning 3 was great. Winning all 4 is fantastic. Will sleep well tonight.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on August 06, 2018, 12:06:08 AM
Great win. Barnes with the win by pitching a 1,2,3 10th. Price actually pitched well. Think Cora got bailed out for not pulling Price after 6. A split was good. Winning 3 was great. Winning all 4 is fantastic. Will sleep well tonight.

You sleep well for both of us George; I'm too keyed up to go to bed and it's like I'm all wired up.  I think I could have flown without wings when Benny got that game winning hit, but else can we say.  What a comeback that was.  The team never gave up and persevered until they could bring a winner home.  Without Sale many of us were saying they'd be satisfied with a split which would keep our 5.5 game lead but some of us felt we could get three of them and take the series, which was my hope.  BUT A FOUR GAME SWEEP?  Not this guy and I wonder if any of us thought that was possible.  Well we get a well deserved day off tomorrow.  What a game and maybe WHAT A REAL GREAT TEAM WE HAVE.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on August 06, 2018, 12:01:15 AM
Sox are just a tiny fraction of a percentage point shy of .700 ball. And it's August. That's amazing.

Wish Cora had not allowed Price to go out there in the seventh; thought it was a mistake, but let's also give credit to an exhausted Sonny Leon who was able to get that two out hit that prolonged the home half of the tenth to set up Benny's hit to win the game.  We now have some real breathing room in the AL East and if we keep playing solid baseball we might just do a real job from here on in.  79-34??????  That seems unreal to me.  Now let's see if I can get some sleep because I'm all wired up now.