GAME #114, SUNDAY, AUGUST 5, 2018, NEW YORK YANKEES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, August 04, 2018, 10:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elktonnick

I think Leon has done that before, come up with a clutch two out hit.  Beni has the Yankees number.  Fantastic sweep better than any one could have hoped.  I had great fun reading some Yankee fans comments.

Bill-806

Those DARN 8:00 games...….FULL DISCLOSURE, that ESPN group put me to SLEEP when the SOX were down 4-1...…. Wake up to the 5-4 VICTORY and a 4 game SWEEP...…  "VICTORY GOES TO THOSE WHO WANT IT THE MOST, WANT IT THE LONGEST" !!!!  WOW !!! GO SOX...... thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl

longgame

Quote from: Schloicka on August 06, 2018, 12:06:08 AM
Great win. Barnes with the win by pitching a 1,2,3 10th. Price actually pitched well. Think Cora got bailed out for not pulling Price after 6. A split was good. Winning 3 was great. Winning all 4 is fantastic. Will sleep well tonight.

Geo, Good summation, the bullpen did the job once again.  Absolutely got bailed out for not pulling Price and given how cautious he's been with guys I'm still surprised he left him in.  I think they have to start thinking about that in general - a shut down bullpen group that can come in in the 7th and take you to the end. 

Fred, I can imagine on the West Coast where it was only about 10PM you could manage to stay up, but at 1AM, even with the exciting finish, I was ready for bed!

elktonnick

Quote from: Bill-806 on August 06, 2018, 07:29:31 AM
Those DARN 8:00 games...….FULL DISCLOSURE, that ESPN group put me to SLEEP when the SOX were down 4-1...…. Wake up to the 5-4 VICTORY and a 4 game SWEEP...…  "VICTORY GOES TO THOSE WHO WANT IT THE MOST, WANT IT THE LONGEST" !!!!  WOW !!! GO SOX...... thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl

The ESPN announcers are awful.  A-Rod was the best of the three but I noticed he and the woman were giving each other some not so subtle digs.  I got the distinct impression that A-Rod thinks she doesn't know what she is talking about which quite frankly is the case.  Matt (whatever his name is) is dreadful.  The whole broadcast makes one really miss Dave O'Brien, Remy and Eck.

markj

Quote from: elktonnick on August 06, 2018, 08:29:57 AM

The ESPN announcers are awful.  A-Rod was the best of the three but I noticed he and the woman were giving each other some not so subtle digs.  I got the distinct impression that A-Rod thinks she doesn't know what she is talking about which quite frankly is the case.  Matt (whatever his name is) is dreadful.  The whole broadcast makes one really miss Dave O'Brien, Remy and Eck.

That's why I miss plays sometimes. I have the TV on mute because I can't stand the non-stop drivel of the announcers. Plus the idiotic commercial jingles.

longgame

They make so many factual errors - like talking about how a pinch runner for Leon would mean that Vazquez would be the only catcher available to play.  Or how A-Rod said the Yankees came in 4 1/2 back and after 4 games were 9 1/2 back.  Plus, it seemed like they talked about the Yankees continuously, although I'll give them credit for calling Betts underrated.  I can't get over how many people have decided that Trout is the MVP this year with the season Betts or for that matter Martinez , is having. 

ipot

Quote from: markj on August 06, 2018, 09:21:22 AM

That's why I miss plays sometimes. I have the TV on mute because I can't stand the non-stop drivel of the announcers. Plus the idiotic commercial jingles.

That makes 4 of us. That broadcast team is the worst.  Me, too = on mute.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bear

I went to bed thinking we has lost.
OMG, you guys made my day.
9.5 games ahead.
How he heck did that happen?

Marge

Bill-806

Quote from: Bear on August 06, 2018, 11:15:31 AM
I went to bed thinking we has lost.
OMG, you guys made my day.
9.5 games ahead.