GAME #114, SUNDAY, AUGUST 5, 2018, NEW YORK YANKEES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, August 04, 2018, 10:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

markj

longgame

I was surprised Price was back out in the 7th, even more surprised when he wasn’t pulled after the first hit.  Then Hembree clearly didn’t have it.

longgame

I was also right on my prediction that this game wouldn’t go as briskly as the last 2.  Need to shut them down here and then stick it to them in the next!

markj

Benintendi REALLY needs to work on opposite field hits. I'm so sick of seeing him hit directly into the shift.

markj

Now that Tanaka is gone, maybe JD can avoid looking lost at his next AB.

markj

ESPN won't ease up on Xander. NESN never would have shown his error and the aftermath this many times.

markj

ipot

Quote from: longgame on August 05, 2018, 10:06:07 PM
I was surprised Price was back out in the 7th, even more surprised when he wasn’t pulled after the first hit.  Then Hembree clearly didn’t have it.

Cora was asleep at the wheel.  That and the NYY made our bats look foolish tonight.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

When the only offense is a Mookie solo shot, you're not going to win many games.

ipot

Price did well. Too bad Cora left him in there too long.

The rest of the team looked too cocky and it backfired.  Lots of swing and miss.  NYY pitching deserves some credit.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

ipot

Take away 1st inning HRs from Pearce and Moreland the past 2 games, and you pretty much have DeadBats 3 games in a row.
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

ipot

Yankees' pen is very good.  I wish we had picked up some pen arms; I don't trust our pen.
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

Quote from: ipot on August 05, 2018, 11:02:19 PM
Take away 1st inning HRs from Pearce and Moreland the past 2 games, and you pretty much have DeadBats 3 games in a row.

True. Third 4-1 game in a row. The shoe is just on the opposite foot tonight.