4. J.D. Martinez (R) RF
5. Xander Bogaerts (R) SS
6. Mitch Moreland (L) 1B
7. Eduardo Nunez (R) 3B
8. Brock Holt (L) 2B
9. Sandy Leon (S) C

Gametime Forecast: 82°F • Clear • 1% PoP

markj

Good to see Xander back in the lineup with Holt at 2B and Nunez at 3B. Cora finally gets it.

elktonnick

As much as I like Holt, I'd prefer Kinsler at 2nd.  But he is injured.

Bill-806

As DAD would say, "SON, on the 4th day, is it to much to ask the BASEBALL GODS for one more TONIGHT" !!! thumb_u iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl

markj

Quote from: elktonnick on August 05, 2018, 05:07:29 PM

Likewise. Still, this isn't bad for a beat up squad.

longgame

Quote from: markj on August 05, 2018, 05:31:43 PM

Certainly the best lineup they can put out there and the envy of pretty much every other team in MLB.  Most teams don't have the confidence in two backup infielders the way the Sox do and for good reason.  Speaking of which, Nunez has really rounded into form lately.  Leon is going to get some heavy time too, Cora thinks a lot of him and Butler is too far of a drop off.

markj

Quote from: longgame on August 05, 2018, 05:58:52 PM
Quote from: markj on August 05, 2018, 05:31:43 PM

Certainly the best lineup they can put out there and the envy of pretty much every other team in MLB.  Most teams don't have the confidence in two backup infielders the way the Sox do and for good reason.  Speaking of which, Nunez has really rounded into form lately.  Leon is going to get some heavy time too, Cora thinks a lot of him and Butler is too far of a drop off.

It'd be sweet if Leon finds that swing he had for a while last year and goes on another slugging binge.

markj

Price is already shooting himself in the foot by hitting Didi after giving up a single to Stanton.

markj

Bases loaded, but two outs. Let's see if Price can find his way out of this mess.

markj

markj

Typical Red Sox luck. Nice almost-base-hit hit right at Gregorius.

markj

Xander cut down stealing and a really poor AB for JD. Nunez trying to hurt himself again.

Schloicka

Pearce & Jd getting RBI chances but nothing so far. Need to at least put it in play. Both have looked bad at the plate.

longgame

JD rarely looks as lost as he did on strike 3.  Sure don’t want to have to rely on Price here, need some runs,

Schloicka

Thought the Yanks might squeeze out a run with the infield hit and sac bunt with the guy moving to 3rd on another ground out but Price got a grounder to SS for the 3rd out. Good job by Price.