GAME #112, FRIDAY, AUGUST 3, 2018, NEW YORK YANKEES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by longgame, August 03, 2018, 11:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

Porcello was masterful, amazing performance.  86 pitches, one hit.  Plus about 2:15 of game time!

Schloicka

PORCELLO with the win. Probably the best pitched Sox game of the year. 7.5 games up. On to Saturday.

SeaBeachFred

Porcello might have pitched his best game for the Red Sox tonight.  He was unbelievable, out of site, on another planet.  This time it was the Red Sox who got the lead early with a two run job by Pearce and we didn't surrender it as the other guys did last night.  That was a great game for us, but Kinsler???????  What the hell is it with all these hammies?  I never remember players like Mays, Aaron, Clemente, Robinson, Snider, Kiner, Williams and Musial getting hamstring injuries----BUT THEY DIDN'T LIFT ALL THOSE DAMN WEIGHTS AS TODAY'S PLAYERS DO.  Those muscles get so tight that they strain, pull and sometimes tear. Crap!!!!!  I wish the Red Sox would go the way teams used to do, isometrics, calisthenics, push-up and the like.  Now how long do we miss our new spark plug.  We need him and I already love this guy. But it was a great win and we've at least get a split in this crucial series.  Now it is a two game set and I'm thinking we ought to be able to prevail in one of them.

Kins---please recover fast.  We cannot afford to lose this guy.  He is a fighter, battler, hustler, and a real gamer.

Bill-806

WOW, what a night, great job by all ………  AS DAD would say,  "SON, that MOOKIE BETTS at 2nd base reminds me a lot of YOU when you were an "ALL WORLD 2ND BASEMAN FOR THE HOME TOWN LITTLE LEAGUE" !!! thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Schloicka

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 03, 2018, 08:45:48 PM
Porcello might have pitched his best game for the Red Sox tonight.  He was unbelievable, out of site, on another planet.  This time it was the Red Sox who got the lead early with a two run job by Pearce and we didn't surrender it as the other guys did last night.  That was a great game for us, but Kinsler???????  What the hell is it with all these hammies?  I never remember players like Mays, Aaron, Clemente, Robinson, Snider, Kiner, Williams and Musial getting hamstring injuries----BUT THEY DIDN'T LIFE ALL THOSE DAMN WEIGHTS AS TODAY'S PLAYERS DO.  Those muscles get so tight that they strain, pull and sometimes tear. Crap!!!!!  I wish the Red Sox would go the way teams used to do, isometrics, calisthenics, push-up and the like.  Now how long do we miss our new spark plug.  We need him and I already love this guy. But it was a great win and we've at least get a split in this crucial series.  Now it is a two game set and I'm thinking we ought to be able to prevail in one of them.

Kins---please recover fast.  We cannot afford to lose this guy.  He is a fighter, battler, hustler, and a real gamer.

Swihart on the 10 day DL. Devers on the DL. Hopefully Kinsler is ok but the Sox have enough talent to get through it. Xman must be ok. He came in to play SS in the 9th with Holt going to 2nd base & Betts going back to RF. Would be great to win another in this series but it's been lost time for the Yanks since they can't get any closer than they were when the series started. They really needed to win at least 3 to make up ground.

markj

Damn. I had to leave to meet up with a former colleague. And to be fair, I would still do it again as friends are more important than baseball. But it looks like I missed a great game. Porcello looked lights out early on. I'm glad he kept that up.

markj

Wow, only 86 pitches for Porcello? That's absurd. That's the equal of a no-hitter in my opinion. What a stellar performance.

ipot

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

Bear

Best manager in baseball...Alex Cora.
Showed his stuff last nite and his players appreciated it.
Cost him tho....so what.
Today we have the pitcher from the Rays...hope he's on
going into another rehab today.
Hope we can see today's game.
Marge

Bill-806

Quote from: Bear on August 04, 2018, 07:37:59 AM
Cost him tho....so what.
Marge
DAD & Bill-806 CONCUR !!!! MOST Exciting baseball we have evaa seen ???? thumb_u

longgame

Quote from: markj on August 03, 2018, 10:05:28 PM
Wow, only 86 pitches for Porcello? That's absurd. That's the equal of a no-hitter in my opinion. What a stellar performance.

The first complete game in MLB under 90 pitches since....

Rick Porcello (9/19/16 vs BAL)

What I think he and a lot of the Sox pitchers can learn from that (since they hadn't learned it from every time Sale pitches) is throw strikes and work fast. 

I was thinking coming in that it would be great to win 3 out of 4 but that most likely we'd see a split.  Now it's time to start thinking about sweeping this series.  Would love to see an early offensive performance again. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on August 03, 2018, 08:58:08 PM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 03, 2018, 08:45:48 PM
Porcello might have pitched his best game for the Red Sox tonight.  He was unbelievable, out of site, on another planet.  This time it was the Red Sox who got the lead early with a two run job by Pearce and we didn't surrender it as the other guys did last night.  That was a great game for us, but Kinsler???????  What the hell is it with all these hammies?  I never remember players like Mays, Aaron, Clemente, Robinson, Snider, Kiner, Williams and Musial getting hamstring injuries----BUT THEY DIDN'T LIFE ALL THOSE DAMN WEIGHTS AS TODAY'S PLAYERS DO.  Those muscles get so tight that they strain, pull and sometimes tear. Crap!!!!!  I wish the Red Sox would go the way teams used to do, isometrics, calisthenics, push-up and the like.  Now how long do we miss our new spark plug.  We need him and I already love this guy. But it was a great win and we've at least get a split in this crucial series.  Now it is a two game set and I'm thinking we ought to be able to prevail in one of them.

Swihart on the 10 day DL. Devers on the DL. Hopefully Kinsler is ok but the Sox have enough talent to get through it. Xman must be ok. He came in to play SS in the 9th with Holt going to 2nd base & Betts going back to RF. Would be great to win another in this series but it's been lost time for the Yanks since they can't get any closer than they were when the series started. They really needed to win at least 3 to make up ground.

Right George, we did get the minimum of what we needed, but to me 7.5 games ahead is better than 5.5 and it makes the Yankees job much tougher.  Of course, all of us would love to run the tables on them this series but a win today and, yes, I would be very satisfied how this series turned out.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bear on August 04, 2018, 07:37:59 AM
Cost him tho....so what.
Marge

Right Red Sox, and let's win this one for Marge today......and, yes, the rest of us too.