SeaBeachFred

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on July 31, 2018, 10:58:17 PM
Quote from: markj on July 31, 2018, 09:31:37 PM
Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on July 31, 2018, 09:27:07 PM
Sox LOSE 3 -1.
Sale goes on the DL.

And the Yankees won.

Bad night for BoSox baseball fans.

Xander gets a day to rest, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit the DL. That would really hurt for the Yanks series.

Read that Xander has a right hand contusion - same injury as last season.
DANG IT -

I told my brother that part of a winning season includes the health of your players.
Sale to the DL - Xander, who knows.
NOT good timing with the Yankees coming to town.

I TRULY hope for at least a split with the Yankees this upcoming series.
That way we lose no ground!

Maybe a split now is the best we can hope for and I hope the team doesn't suddenly turn into a fragile Faberge egg as they were the past four seasons when the going got rough, but the rest of you carry load tomorrow as my Linda and I will be leaving early in the morning to start celebrating our 48th Wedding Anniversary.  What I would like for a present tomorrow would be a miracle of sorts or an act of God----AND ORIOLE UPSET WIN OVER THE YANKEES.  Something tells me I'm not going to get it.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 31, 2018, 11:10:38 PM
Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on July 31, 2018, 10:58:17 PM
Quote from: markj on July 31, 2018, 09:31:37 PM
Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on July 31, 2018, 09:27:07 PM
Sox LOSE 3 -1.
Sale goes on the DL.

And the Yankees won.

Bad night for BoSox baseball fans.
B I N G O on all of the above...... SALE getting a 10 day vacation...... Keep an eye on BOGEY ??? Heck, how do you only score 3 runs in 2 games at FENWAY PAAAK ???? thumb_d iono iono iono

Xander gets a day to rest, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit the DL. That would really hurt for the Yanks series.

Read that Xander has a right hand contusion - same injury as last season.
DANG IT -

I told my brother that part of a winning season includes the health of your players.
Sale to the DL - Xander, who knows.
NOT good timing with the Yankees coming to town.

I TRULY hope for at least a split with the Yankees this upcoming series.
That way we lose no ground!

Maybe a split now is the best we can hope for and I hope the team doesn't suddenly turn into a fragile Faberge egg as they were the past four seasons when the going got rough, but the rest of you carry load tomorrow as my Linda and I will be leaving early in the morning to start celebrating our 48th Wedding Anniversary.  What I would like for a present tomorrow would be a miracle of sorts or an act of God----AND ORIOLE UPSET WIN OVER THE YANKEES.  Something tells me I'm not going to get it.

longgame

Happy Anniversary Fred and Linda!

A contusion is a bruise.  I would think they'll see how he is later today before any decisions.  Hopefully nothing major.

Mookie needed the day off and I like what Cora does backing up these days off with an offday so they really get some rest.  I would think that nobody will be resting this weekend. 

markj

ipot

NYY lose this afternoon to the O's.  They are 6-6 against the O's.   

A gift for Fred and Linda's anniversary  thumb_u
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

Quote from: ipot on August 01, 2018, 05:27:04 PM

Was about to post the same thing. Your wish came true, Fred.

longgame

I just saw that. I hadn't realized it was a day game and was wondering why it wasn't on MASN.  That's great news. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on August 01, 2018, 06:55:33 PM
Quote from: ipot on August 01, 2018, 05:27:04 PM

Was about to post the same thing. Your wish came true, Fred.

It was a nice sidebar to a wonderful day markj and IPOT.  I don't want to act greedy so I will leave it up to you two to ask the gods of fate to get us some good vibes for tonight's game.  It would mean an awful lot to the team's chances to get between a split and a three to one game advantage.  We need to keep those guys in our rear view mirror.