GAME #109, MONDAY, JULY 30, 2018, PHILIDELPHIA PHILLIES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, July 30, 2018, 12:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

markj

Holt watches two beauties go by but then smacks a wall-ball double. Second wall-ball for him tonight.

markj

Sox can't buy a run tonight. Poorest offensive performance in a long time. Philly pitchers can't all be this good.

markj

markj

markj

Attaboy, Blake!!! Another walkoff. Good move by Cora to bring him in for Leon. And well done to Nunez for that steal. Now 6 games up on the Yanks.

Schloicka

Hector Velazquez with the win. Good pitching by both teams. Not pretty but they all count. The steal by Nunez was big or he would of had to stop at 3rd on Swihart's double. On to Tuesday.

ipot

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: ipot on July 30, 2018, 10:29:46 PM
I want my Blake Swihart bobblehead doll!!!

Some of us have said that Blake Swihart is rounding back into form after two years of being on the shelf and trying to come back hurt.  The guy can hit and we need him in the lineup and Cora must be made to realize that.  We can have another young player in our arsenal and give us an added hitter to our offense----which didn't look too well tonight.  But the pitching was good from Price down to the relievers.  A good win, but with Pomeranz on the hill tomorrow (and he shouldn't be, it should be Johnson) we need to hit better, that or Pom must not hang curves and finally give us a real solid effort.

ipot

Nunez is starting to look the player we picked up last year. 
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

ipot

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 30, 2018, 10:34:08 PM
Quote from: ipot on July 30, 2018, 10:29:46 PM
I want my Blake Swihart bobblehead doll!!!

Some of us have said that Blake Swihart is rounding back into form after two years of being on the shelf and trying to come back hurt.  The guy can hit and we need him in the lineup and Cora must be made to realize that.  We can have another young player in our arsenal and give us an added hitter to our offense----which didn't look too well tonight.  But the pitching was good from Price down to the relievers.  A good win, but with Pomeranz on the hill tomorrow (and he shouldn't be, it should be Johnson) we need to hit better, that or Pom must not hang curves and finally give us a real solid effort.

He's got a 10 game hitting streak going.  Obviously his bat's coming round.  I'd be finding ways to keep him in the lineup every night if I were Cora....

Pom has no business being on the mound tomorrow, Fred.  I agree.  Johnson is the better option.  Pom should be DFA'ed as soon as possible.
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

elktonnick

This will be a crucial test for Pomerantz Boston's latest Fabrage Egg.

longgame

Another exciting win.  I love a team that finds ways to win. Under Farrell we would have found a way to lose. 

Some great stories last night - Thornburg looks better every time he pitches.  Kelly wasn't as bad.  They were able to give Kimbrel the night off.  Nunez had a great night, he really is better at 3B.  But the best part was Swihart hitting the walk-off game winning hit.  Just a great ending.

Not sure if you guys saw it in the postgame but the Sox have picked up Ian Kinsler. 

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on July 31, 2018, 08:07:21 AM
Another exciting win.  I love a team that finds ways to win. Under Farrell we would have found a way to lose. 

Some great stories last night - Thornburg looks better every time he pitches.  Kelly wasn't as bad.  They were able to give Kimbrel the night off.  Nunez had a great night, he really is better at 3B.  But the best part was Swihart hitting the walk-off game winning hit.  Just a great ending.

Not sure if you guys saw it in the postgame but the Sox have picked up Ian Kinsler.
B I N G O !!!!!  YES, great win...… NUNEZ's days at 2nd are OVAA, (KINSLER)….. Looks like PEDY is done too !!!