GAME #107, SATURDAY, JULY 28, 2018, MINNESOTA TWINS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, July 28, 2018, 10:42:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

We gained a little ground today but it seems to go back and forth and back and forth, only this time it isn't one game up or one game down or tied, rather, we seem to be holding a half-way decent lead and that's the way we need to keep it.  Tonight our offense woke up again and that is even better.

markj

Raffy's injury was a hamstring. He's headed to the DL. Maybe Nunez to 3B and Holt at 2B?

ipot

Quote from: markj on July 28, 2018, 11:55:41 PM
Raffy's injury was a hamstring. He's headed to the DL. Maybe Nunez to 3B and Holt at 2B?

Probably will be the plan.  Raffy's been kinda cold at the plate so Holt/Nunez is a lateral move.  Still think Nunez is due to get hot.

Also, Pearce has played 240+ innings at 2B in his career and about 70 at 3B.  I dunno whether he'll slot into an option other than Lin.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

This will force D D to make a move !!! thumb_u

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: Bill-806 on July 29, 2018, 06:41:55 AM
This will force D D to make a move !!! thumb_u

The next move IMO needs to be a closer.  Someone who we can resign or is longer term.  I have a sneaking suspicion Kimbrell is headed to a bigger contract.

longgame

Should be interesting to see what they do for a roster move to cover the infield.  They can trade - it's interesting there were rumors about them getting Moustakas who went to Milwaukee and would have been a terrible fit for the Sox and there have been rumblings about Dozier whose best days are behind him 0 but I don't think that's likely.  They always have good old Lin and they actually have Swhiart starting there today.