4. Eduardo Escobar (S) 3B
5. Mitch Garver (R) DH
6. Robbie Grossman (S) RF
7. Max Kepler (L) CF
8. Ehire Adrianza (S) SS
9. Bobby Wilson (R) C

Gametime Forecast: 78°F • Partly Cloudy • 7% PoP

SeaBeachFred

Why is Johnson pitching tonight and not Price???? David threw just fourteen pitches last night in Baltimore and we know he can do deep into games and Johnson can't.  I hope this is does cost us a game we need to win.  Remember, the Yankees are hosting KC for four games and that team is the total dregs this season.  The Red Sox must bow their necks and come out and get that win.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 26, 2018, 05:09:44 PM
Why is Johnson pitching tonight and not Price???? David threw just fourteen pitches last night in Baltimore and we know he can do deep into games besides being twice the pitcher Johnson ever could be.  This is another important series and Cora looks to me like he once again is getting shit in his brain, and even let's say Brian throws four or five good innings and we get a lead, WHAT THEN?  We have to endure turds like Thornburg, Kelly and Workman stink up the joint and cost us a game in the standings.  I hope I am wrong but I don't like this one bit.  The team had better be prepared to play an outstanding game tonight because Cora has tried to tie their hands with his pitching selection.
JUST IN...… WORKMAN is GONE !!!! The ROSTER is a CHANGING !!! thumb_u iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl

Schloicka

Nice job by Johnson with some help from his friends. On to the bullpen for him. Don't really like him in the pen. Don't think his stuff works from the pen but we'll see.

BoSoxFanNY

What is it with this team?
Can't seem to score against the Twins
AND the Yankees always clobber them.

Bottom of the 8th inning
Twins 2 - Sox 1
Sox scored their ONLY run in the second inning.

BoSoxFanNY

Kyle Gibson STILL pitching for the Twins -
up to 118 pitches so far in the bottom of the 8th inning.

UGHHHHH

Just finished the 8th inning with 120 pitches allowing only ONE run.
I can't imagine he will come out in the 9th.
Rally??????

Meanwhile the Yankees are beating the Royals 7 - 2 in the bottom of
the 8th inning.  DAMN!

Schloicka

1 run doesn't win much. Was hoping to win 3/4 so still in the hunt but need better offensive effort.

BoSoxFanNY

Johnson pitched well - no runs allowed, 5 strikeouts, 5.2 innings pitched.
The bullpen gave up the two runs.

markj

What is with these stupid commercials? Like 6-7 secs of a dozen different commercials mashed together and run over and over again. It's bizarre.

markj

markj

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on July 26, 2018, 09:11:19 PM
Geez, nice work, JBJ. Putz.

"F" you Bradley you strikeout laden choke son of a bitch.  I knew you couldn't come through.  Now you all know why I can't strand that no good piece of shit.  And the bullpen screwed up and the hitters didn't hit and Minnesota did to us what they never do to the Yankees.  Fact-----I knew when Bradley got up that he would not come through and when the count got to three and two I also knew he would strike out, the worthless piece of garbage.

BoSoxFanNY

CRAP!

LOST opportunities in the first inning to score.
ONLY one run in the second inning
AND a chance at the end of the game.

CRAP.

Same thing of lost opportunities at the end of the game
in Baltimore too when the Sox lost 7-6.

ipot

Not blaming anyone on the offense (although Devers has been useless for quite some time now).  Kyle Gibson was simply amazing.  End of story.  We had no answers for him. 

Imagine Gibson was in our rotation instead of 32M Price.  Gibson has been quietly pitching near the top of the AL in ERA and K/9 and gets the GIDPs but no one pays attention.  I predicted we'd lose tonight because Gibson would keep us off.

NYY are now 4.5 back.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

elktonnick

Gibson was terrific.  Last night the Sox did hit the ball hard at times but unfortunately they were too many "atem" balls.  I chalk this one up to Gibson out pitching the Boston lineup.  I

This however doesn't excuse Bradley's terrible at bat against Rodney