GAME #99, FRIDAY, JULY 20, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT DETROIT TIGERS

Started by markj, July 20, 2018, 10:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schloicka

Interesting game to say the least. But a win is a win. On to Saturday.

markj

markj

Yankees lose. Sox now up by 5-1/2. Very sweet.

Thank you, Mets!

SeaBeachFred

I went to the movies and saw Denzel at his best so I got home late in the game.  From what I've been hearing it was a scary night with sloppy defense and weak to listless hitting, but while we would have lost this game from 2014-2017 we won it tonight.  We have to hit better the next game or two because you can't expect to stop the Tigers with no runs every time out.  But as George put it, we won and  that is what counts.  The Mets surprised all of us by beating the Yanks so we picked up another game in the standings.  Every little bit helps but let's come back tomorrow with a better game.

BTW, let me know how bad Holt got hurt.  I hate losing that guy; he is a gamer and we play better when he is in the lineup.  Lin does very little for me and why is Nunez still cold with the bat.  He hasn't broken open his hitting prowess yet and we need him to contribute.

markj

If they win tomorrow, Sox will be playing .700 ball in July. Unbelievable.

ipot

Quote from: markj on July 20, 2018, 09:58:19 PM
Yankees lose. Sox now up by 5-1/2. Very sweet.

Thank you, Mets!

^^^
This is the best part of it.  Glad we held on to win. 

Price is still in my doghouse; he's got about 3 more outings like this to earn his way out of it.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

WOW, the STARS were aligned last night...… The RUST of a week off and we WIN while the YANK$ lost !!!!  Now, only concern today is how  J D & BROC feel today ?????  Yes,  J D  does scare me in the O F ????? thumb_u iono iono iono