GAME #97, SATURDAY, JULY 14, 2018, TORONTO BLUE JAYS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, July 14, 2018, 11:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on July 14, 2018, 02:25:12 PM
Swihart is a freaking idiot.

You know Ted, when you rot on the bench for over half the season you lose a lot of your baseball sense because you're stale as hell.  It was a stupid play but I will say it again....if Cora gets his brain in gear and give Blake some regular work, and by that I mean let him play for a couple of weeks without being jerked around, he will come through for us.  To me Cora is a very poor judge of talent.  He can't judge pitchers worth a damn and he is blind to the potential of some of the players he jerks around.  And BTW, do not bring up Brandon Phillips unless he has shown he can hit consistently and from what I've heard his swing down in Pawtucket is very long and not very productive.  Trade for an infielder who has played consistently and can hit, and for pete's sake straighten out Kelly or consign him to the shit squad, ergo, the mop-up patrol.  He is not improving but regressing at a  terrible rate.

Still that was a good win today and since I predicted the Yankees would take three of four from Cleveland and that looks possible so we  needed that win today and need one tomorrow.

ipot

A great comeback W.  Thrilling. 
But I still stand by my opinion that Cora should have never brought Kelly in there after E-Rod left the game....
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

SWIHART back on the bench for todays game......SANDY LEON at catch...….BLAKE has only CAUGHT one game since VAZ went on the D L !! thumb_d iono iono

longgame

I twisted my ankle pretty badly about a month ago while hiking.  Took a week off of hiking and was back out two weeks later, but it is still sore.  Then again I've had other sprains that heal pretty quickly.  For me it was the higher ankle part of the injury that seemed to take forever but is no finally okay.