GAME #95, THURSDAY, JULY 12, 2018, TORONTO BLUE JAYS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, July 12, 2018, 12:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schloicka

Price with the win & Kimbrel with the save. Had the strangest inning in the 4th that I've seen in ages. On to Friday.

BoSoxFanNY

They are finding ways to win.

WOW!

10 in a row.

They are 37 games over .500.

elktonnick

Mookie's at bat in the fourth is one of the best I've ever seen.  He just wore the pitcher out.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on July 12, 2018, 09:02:39 PM
What is with Cora? Anyone can see Barnes doesn't have it tonight and no one is warming up.

Cora can be stubborn, but that is the DNA of most of the managers of the Red Sox managers since I came aboard in late 2000---Wiliams, Little, Francona, Farrell and now Cora were all hard-headed.  When Barnes or Hembree doesn't have it, it is incumbent on Alex to get them the hell out of the game.  Well, rumor has it we need to pick up one or two good relievers, preferably before the TD.  I think last night and tonight proved that beyond a shadow of a doubt.

But, hey, how about that at-bat by Mookie?  What a big clutch granny that was and let's give a little credit to Price after giving up a two run bomb in the first.  He settled down and pitched into the seventh inning, but the hitting was missing for the most part tonight.  We need to do better at the plate the next three games because as I told Bill earlier in the day DO NOT EXPECT MUCH HELP FROM THE INDIANS.   The Tribe might win one game of the four but that is all so we bad better win this series and not tie it.  All in all a scary win but a good win.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on July 12, 2018, 09:41:40 PM
Mookie's at bat in the fourth is one of the best I've ever seen.  He just wore the pitcher out.

I missed what happened to Pearce and only know he was taken out of the game.  We'v already lost Vazquez and now Devers.  I hope we don't lose Steve.  He hits lefties very well and we need those kind of hitters on the team.

markj

Bill-806

Quote from: Bill-806 on July 12, 2018, 06:45:14 PM
As DAD would say, "SON, tell David Price to mix in some JUNK and it will go along way of keeping the other TEAM off BALANCE !!! iono iono iono rofl rofl
  Hey DAD, if you "are looking down", looks like PRICE took your advice and started to MIX his pitches, yes keep them off balance !!   WHAT A GAME !!!  WOW WEE, YES & DE DE !!!! thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

longgame

Quote from: Schloicka on July 12, 2018, 09:37:25 PM
Price with the win & Kimbrel with the save. Had the strangest inning in the 4th that I've seen in ages. On to Friday.

That was something else.   A little bit of everything capped by Mookie's grand slam.  What an at bat - it took him all 13 pitches to figure out Happ and then I just think Happ was worn out.

Speaking of worn out, it's pretty clear these guys are looking forward to the All star Break.  Hopefully we get some big blowouts over the weekend and the key guys in the pen get some extra rest.

Surprising stat of the night - Mookie is on a 10 game hitting streak.  He has 8 RBI in that stretch but had 5 of them last night.  Of course that's because there aren't that many guys on base behind him all the time, but still, considering he had 2 other HRs, that's only one more RBI that wasn't him over the past 9 games.  Strange statistically anyhow.

Speaking of worn out, probably good timing on Devers on the DL, but it exposes their depth.  Pedey sounds like he may be done, not just for the season either.  Look to DD to add some middle infield depth.