GAME #88, WEDNESDAY, JULY 4, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT WASHINGTON NATIONALS

Started by markj, July 03, 2018, 08:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Dog 23

A good day at the park.  I had no idea ERod had 10 wins already.

elktonnick

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 04, 2018, 07:32:00 PM

This was an excellent start albeit against a depleted Mats ballclub.

ipot

Quote from: elktonnick on July 04, 2018, 08:34:34 PM
Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 04, 2018, 07:32:00 PM

This was an excellent start albeit against a depleted Mats ballclub.

E-Rod is mystifying.  He has flames of very good stuff but can never seem to get it all to work at once.  He's a more than adequate #4 pitcher.  Can't complain.

But the damn Yanks won't lose a game....
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

B T W , check out the schedule for the YANK$, month of JULY is a CAKE WALK !!! thumb_d iono iono

BoSoxFanNY

IF everything stays on track -
Red Sox and Yankees will play well enough to be the
leaders in the AL EAST.
They may even have the same record - it will come down
to the record between the two of them -
AND, at the moment the Yankees have more wins
against the Sox.
TWO losses with David Price pitching -
He should NOT pitch against the Yankees this season.

Would prefer to WIN the AL EAST, then be the Wild Card.

elktonnick

For what its worth, in my view the ALE race will come down to three factors.  The first, injuries between now and the end of September.  The second, whomever the teams pick up  or not at the trade deadline and finally, whichever manager sets up his pitching staff to have his most effective starters ready for the last three games in September.

I think it is a fairly safe bet that baring a major injury less than three games will separate the two clubs at that time.  If each manager has his three most effective starters against the opposing team positioned to start each of those games that series will decide the ALE champion.

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: elktonnick on July 05, 2018, 04:33:41 PM
For what its worth, in my view the ALE race will come down to three factors.  The first, injuries between now and the end of September.  The second, whomever the teams pick up  or not at the trade deadline and finally, whichever manager sets up his pitching staff to have his most effective starters ready for the last three games in September.

I think it is a fairly safe bet that baring a major injury less than three games will separate the two clubs at that time.  If each manager has his three most effective starters against the opposing team positioned to start each of those games that series will decide the ALE champion.

AGREE.
And the HEALTH of our players all season long is a critical factor.

SeaBeachFred

The Yankees have the prospects and money to go out and improve their pitching---AND YOU CAN BET YOUR LAST DIME THEY WILL DO JUST THAT.  We don't have the prospects as we did before save for a very few so it would be harder for us.  OTOH, they have four more games to make up and they could lose one of those, maybe two.  And we have six more home games than they do and ten less road games.  That could work in our favor.   The key is winning the season series.  When we play next it is in Boston and by hook or by crook we have to win that series.  We also must not stumble against teams we should beat, hit in sync, get a decent reliever or two and see that Cora doesn't rest players at the most inopportune times.  Truth be told, I would like to see us pick up two or three games on them before the  TD.  It won't be easy but it would sure be swell if we could.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 05, 2018, 06:24:35 PM

The Yankees have the prospects and money to go out and improve their pitching---AND YOU CAN BET YOUR LAST DIME THEY WILL DO JUST THAT.  We don't have the prospects as we did before save for a very few so it would be harder for us.  OTOH, they have four more games to make up and they could lose one of those, maybe two.  And we have six more home games than they do and ten less road games.  That could work in our favor.   The key is winning the season series.  When we play next it is in Boston and by hook or by crook we have to win that series.  We also must not stumble against teams we should beat, hit in sync, get a decent reliever or two and see that Cora doesn't rest players at the most inopportune times.  Truth be told, I would like to see us pick up two or three games on them before the  TD.  It won't be easy but it would sure be swell if we could.
CONCUR...… This is a SEASON of no other RED SOX season that I have witnessed in my life time...… Will be a heck of a ride, hope it does not end in TEARS !! iono iono rofl rofl rofl