GAME #87, TUESDAY, JULY 3, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT WASHINGTON NATIONALS

Started by longgame, July 03, 2018, 11:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schloicka

markj

markj

markj

Easy win. Looks like the Yanks are cruising to an easy win as well.

Schloicka

Workman with the win. The offense showed up. On to Wednesday morning.

longgame

An easy win after a tough win yesterday.  Maybe yesterday they can win by about 3 runs or so just for some variety! 

I'm off to the mountains for a few days of hiking, weather permitting.  Happy Fourth to everyone!

markj

I know we complain a lot here, but consider this...we're halfway through the season and the Sox own the best record in the majors. Other teams would love to have our problems.

Figures the next closest team would be the blasted Yankees.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on July 03, 2018, 10:04:53 PM
I know we complain a lot here, but consider this...we're halfway through the season and the Sox own the best record in the majors. Other teams would love to have our problems.

Figures the next closest team would be the blasted Yankees.

The complaining comes because here we are close to 30 games over 500 and are barely in first place by a game because we can't seem to shake a very good Yankee team (or are they now saying the same thing about us).  It can get hard to take when we see the Indians with about nine or ten games above 500 running away with their division while we can't seem to open a lead.  Well we just need to keep winning and when we get a chance to take on the Yankees again we make sure we come out with a series win.....and the next time after that too.

Tonight was a nice ride.   The offense showed up and Nunez made Cora look good by having a big game..  Please guys no let up tomorrow.  Just keep the line moving.

ipot

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

ANOTHER VICTORY !!!  As  DAD would say,  "SON, how do ya like OUR RED SOX now" ????? thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl