GAME #85, SUNDAY, JULY 1, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT NEW YORK YANKEES

Started by longgame, July 01, 2018, 11:33:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Price gives up another dinger. Dude's first major league hit. Might as well get one for every Yanks batter.

longgame

When they read the lineup I told my son “that kid will hit a HR”.  The Yankees always seem to have a weak hitting guy that hits HRs against us.  Leave PRice out ther and save the bullpen.

markj

Haley warming up. Why not. No pressure now, the game is over.

markj

elktonnick

Now we know why Price "hurt" his hand playing video games rather than pitch against the Yankees the last time.  Price is a 30 million dollar a year batting practice pitcher.

ipot

Price is the worst MLB contract in history.   He's pathetic. 
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: ipot on July 01, 2018, 09:02:29 PM
Price is the worst MLB contract in history.   He's pathetic.

He is an embarrassment.
AND on the Sunday Night ESPN game for all to see.

CRAP.

I don't mind losing, I mind being humiliated.

BoSoxFanNY

At least Sonny Gray was the Yankees WORST pitcher and
the Sox creamed him the night before.
Price is supposed to be our #2 pitcher - and he looks pathetic.

Wonder what his excuse will be this time . . .

markj

Sunday night ESPN games between the Sox and the Yanks usually turn into embarrassments. But it's weird how tonight's game is paralleling last night's game. Yanks only had 2 hits last night, just like the Sox tonight.

BoSoxFanNY

David Price should NEVER pitch against the Yankees . . .

markj

The Home Run Derby continues. I find myself wanting the Yanks to get one more run so the score is the same as last night in reverse.

ipot

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on July 01, 2018, 09:39:41 PM
David Price should NEVER pitch against the Yankees . . .

David Price should NEVER start a game against a team over 400.  That leaves the O's and KC.  Even then he's suspect. 
He's a classic example of a player rewarded for past performance.  He will NEVER be an ace again.  EVER.  And we're stuck with the bill.

Now, we need to get a bind fide #2 starter by the trade deadline.  And we'll have to pay a ransom for it. 
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

There we go. 11-0. Sox with 2 hits. No outs yet, though, so the scoring could continue.

markj

This is stupid. They're pulling Betances with one out in the 9th, no one on base, and an 11-0 lead? No wonder these games go on for hours. >:( thumb_d Maybe Chapman needs work.

markj

Ah, crap. Leon gets a hit. There goes the whole mirror motif for tonight's game.