GAME #84, SATURDAY, JUNE 30, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT NEW YORK YANKEES

Started by longgame, June 30, 2018, 05:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schloicka

I'm happy the Sox got a win out of this series. 1 win was what I figured playing in Yankee stadium. A win tomorrow would be gravy. Let's hope Price is on and the bats are still alive. On to Sunday.

ipot

I'd really like to see Price live up to his price tag tomorrow, W or L.  With Severino it could bill as a great pitcher's duel.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

SeaBeachFred

Well they hammered us last night and we gave hem the business tonight as the bats really came alive to help Sale out even though the way he was pitching maybe we should have saved four or five or those runs for tomorrow.  Good to see us come back and hang one on the Yankees in their own ball yard.  Severeno is no walk in the park but we haven't done all that bad against him so far, but he is a helluva pitcher and if we want to have any real chance tomorrow we have to wrangle some hits and Price has to pitch a game like he did at Fenway last summer against this crew.  Would be nice if we could stay in first after the Red Sox leave town tomorrow.

And for Pete's sake will someone tell Cora to get his head out.  Holt deserves to be the second baseman.  He is hitting around 300, makes things happen, brings some leadership and fire to the team and is a much better fielder than Nunez is.  What is Alex's problem that he cannot figure that out?

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on June 30, 2018, 10:09:37 PM
Well they hammered us last night and we gave hem the business tonight as the bats really came alive to help Sale out even though the way he was pitching maybe we should have saved four or five or those runs for tomorrow.  Good to see us come back and hang one on the Yankees in their own ball yard.  Severeno is no walk in the park but we haven't done all that bad against him so far, but he is a helluva pitcher and if we want to have any real chance tomorrow we have to wrangle some hits and Price has to pitch a game like he did at Fenway last summer against this crew.  Would be nice if we could stay in first after the Red Sox leave town tomorrow.

And for Pete's sake will someone tell Cora to get his head out.  Holt deserves to be the second baseman.  He is hitting around 300, makes things happen, brings some leadership and fire to the team and is a much better fielder than Nunez is.  What is Alex's problem that he cannot figure that out?
B I N G O dat !!!  After Friday nights game, a great come back & some good offense for SALE..... Still, trying to figure out WHY HOLT was not at 2nd base to start the game ????? iono iono iono

longgame

Nice to see them batter the Yankees like that.  Let's hope for another. 

Bogaerts makes a lot of bone-headed baserunning pays.  That one was a no-brainer - shallow and the infielder running towards you.  Still, with a big lead maybe you take that chance as he's been out by a lot more than that before.

Martinez makes the Stanton deal look pretty bad.  Keep it up JD!

RH Severino going today so I'd expect Holt to play the day game after the night game and we're also likely going to have Vaz over Leon today.  But Cora better not be "resting" anyone today, this is a big game.  Going up 2 games and evening up the loss column would be huge. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on July 01, 2018, 11:32:26 AM

Bogaerts makes a lot of bone-headed baserunning pays.  That one was a no-brainer - shallow and the infielder running towards you.  Still, with a big lead maybe you take that chance as he's been out by a lot more than that before.

RH Severino going today so I'd expect Holt to play the day game after the night game and we're also likely going to have Vaz over Leon today.  But Cora better not be "resting" anyone today, this is a big game.  Going up 2 games and evening up the loss column would be huge.

You hear what the man said Cora????????

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 01, 2018, 03:03:09 PM
Quote from: longgame on July 01, 2018, 11:32:26 AM

You hear what the man said Cora????????

Looks like he may have.  Holt and Vaz in, everyone else the same.