Previous topic - Next topic

BoSoxFanNY

Sandy Leon has had a great night -
3 extra base hits
and just added a 2 run home run
in the bottom of the 8th inning.

Sox 8 - Jays 3

markj

Looks like I missed all the fun when I had to run to the store. Should be able to nail this one down now.

markj

BoSoxFanNY

DAMN -
Velazquez in
AND has loaded the bases in the top of the 9th inning.

CRAP!!!!!

markj

markj

Beni makes a nice grab for the first out. But here comes Cora to yank Velazquez. He's bringing in Kimbrel with bases still loaded. Playing with fire again.

markj

Kimbrel gets them out of it. Game over. 9 LOBsters. Easy to miss when you win.

BoSoxFanNY

Kimbrel comes in and gets two quick outs!
Sox WIN 8 - 3.

Should NOT have had drama that inning!

markj

Same score as yesterday. Makes posting the score easy.  :D

SeaBeachFred

Well we did our job but it looks like the Astros blew a chance to win by giving up two runs in the ninth inning and we know the luck the Yankees usually have.  You would think the Astros should win two of three from them since they Yanks took three of four in Houston.  At least the Texans should try and return a little of the favor back.  Well we won but tomorrow worries me.  We have had a rough time sweeping three game series the past decade and we need that game tomorrow because we play Houston four times down there and we start off with Pomeranz and we know how crappy he has been pitching for us.  Sometimes just winning a three game series is NOT nough; this is one of those times.

Good to see Bogaerts get back hitting and Leon too.  We need our hitters hitting in sync which they seldom do.  And let's get Mookie back in there.  It is getting tiresome hearing about his a tight side.  Put the analgesic on and get in that damn whirlpool and be ready Mook.  We need you.

BoSoxFanNY

markj

Bill-806

NICE WIN..... Have to keep winning with the EVIL EMPIRE lurking every day.....  KIMBEL needs a rest …..  MOOKIE OH MOOKIE, "where art thou" ??????

longgame

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on May 29, 2018, 10:01:05 PM
DANG IT -
Yankees beat the Astros in the 10th inning  6-5

Yankees got lucky - a wild pitch hit the backstop and went right back to Sanchez who threw out a runner trying to take third.  I thought we'd pick up another game on the Yanks.  Now on to Houston, not as easy as the last couple of teams.