GAME #54, MONDAY, MAY 28, 2018, TORONTO BLUE JAYS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, May 28, 2018, 09:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoSoxFanNY

Bill-806

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on May 28, 2018, 03:24:52 PM
AND the Astros BEAT the Yankees 5 - 1.
B I N G O !!!!   & how about our RED SOX,  Benny Biceps, Moreland, Holt, & OH YES  Mr.  J B J , the guy that most of "THE KNIGHTS OF THIS KEYBOARD" want to get rid of !!! thumb_u  we must make HAY now as the YANK$ are tangled up with the ASTROS for 3 !!!! rofl rofl rofl rofl

elktonnick

Re JBJ ,  Even blinds squirrels gets acorns now and again.

SeaBeachFred

Looks to me like Wright might be back in form and, yes, we can certainly have him ready if we need to replace one of the guys in our current starting rotation.  I missed Betts today and hope this isn't one of those enduring injuries that never seem to heal.  We need him back badly, but for some reason Holt always seems to contribute in a positive way---and some thought Lin would be better for our team than him...Silly.

God win today and it didn't hurt that the Astros beat the Yankees either.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 28, 2018, 05:02:23 PM
Looks to me like Wright might be back in form and, yes, we can certainly have him ready if we need to replace one of the guys in our current starting rotation.  I missed Betts today and hope this isn't one of those enduring injuries that never seem to heal.  We need him back badly, but for some reason Holt always seems to contribute in a positive way---and some thought Lin would be better for our team than him...Silly.

As DAD would say..... "SON, guys like Steven Wright are GOLDEN, because they pitch fast & keep the other team guessing/off balance with the slow knuckle ball, even though they know it is coming !! thumb_u rofl rofl

ipot

Although it's encouraging to see Price on the upswing in his last 4 starts, his walk count is high...
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: ipot on May 28, 2018, 09:14:11 PM
Although it's encouraging to see Price on the upswing in his last 4 starts, his walk count is high...

Right IPOT, but a bigger problem is the guy we're throwing tomorrow----Rick Porcello.  He gives up too many damn hits and can't seem to keep the ball down and was downright shitty his last appearance against the Rays.  We need him to get the cobwebs out and disenthrall himself by starting to pitch solid winning baseball for us again.  In case the Yankees win tomorrow I don't want to give them back the game we picked up on them today as we did on Sunday.  Full speed ahead.  And let's hope Mookie is a fast healer.  Slow healers really piss me off. OTOH, today's game was a real good one for us and hope there are many many more down the 2018 road.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 28, 2018, 05:02:23 PM

& don't forget, Wright is a heck of a PINCH RUNNER, it case we need him !!! thumb_u rofl rofl

Sea Dog 23

Whoooo is this imposter wearing JBJ's jersey?  I'm just out of answers, at least in my house.

elktonnick

This incarnation of JBJ shows up every now and then but soon disappears just as quickly.

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on May 29, 2018, 08:05:15 AM
This incarnation of JBJ shows up every now and then but soon disappears just as quickly.
Just going with the PITCH and playing with CONFIDENCE !!! The recipe in SPORTS as well as LIFE !!!! thumb_u rofl rofl

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: Bill-806 on May 29, 2018, 09:47:16 AM
Quote from: elktonnick on May 29, 2018, 08:05:15 AM
Just going with the PITCH and playing with CONFIDENCE !!! The recipe in SPORTS as well as LIFE !!!! thumb_u rofl rofl

I think Ali had a strategy as well, the 'rope a-dope'.  Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.  But he could remember those things.   sigh

Sea Dog 23

Mookie will sit out Tues game with Jays.  "Tightness in his side" is the report.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on May 29, 2018, 06:15:33 PM
Mookie will sit out Tues game with Jays.  "Tightness in his side" is the report.

This is sounding to me that he may be a very slow healer and we've had too many of those kind on our team.  Get treatment Mookie and get the hell back in that lineup.  We need you.