GAME #53, SUNDAY, MAY 27, 2018, ATLANTA BRAVES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, May 27, 2018, 10:18:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on May 27, 2018, 01:20:41 PM
JBJ with another costly error. Tell me again how good a center fielder he is.

Bradley could now be taking his hitting woes out to the outfield with him.  Many players forget defense when they're not hitting and this goes from the Major Leagues, down to the Babe Ruth Leagues.  Besides Elk has been saying this all along.....JBJ IS NOT THAT GOOD A DEFENSIVE OUTFIELDER.  He's not even rated in the top 12 in the game.  He really is a minus to the team right now.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on May 27, 2018, 12:29:43 PM
Quote from: Schloicka on May 27, 2018, 12:14:22 PM
Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on May 27, 2018, 11:43:32 AM
Any word from Bear?

Called Bear and got the answering machine. Have tried numerous times.

I'm worried sick. This can't be good. Hard to enjoy the games with no word from Bear.

No Mark and I'm worried sick.  I love Bear and Marj and I have had a very close relationship for a good decade or more.  I hope and pray nothing is wrong.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on May 27, 2018, 01:24:07 PM
Would some one please explain to me why Cora would sit Martinez with Betts sidelined?  BTW Mark I was just abvout to post the same about JBJ

I think I can answer our first question Elk----BECAUSE HE'S CORA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 27, 2018, 02:08:58 PM
Quote from: markj on May 27, 2018, 12:29:43 PM
Quote from: Schloicka on May 27, 2018, 12:14:22 PM
Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on May 27, 2018, 11:43:32 AM
Any word from Bear?

Called Bear and got the answering machine. Have tried numerous times.

I'm worried sick. This can't be good. Hard to enjoy the games with no word from Bear.

No Mark and I'm worried sick.  I love Bear and Marj and I have had a very close relationship for a good decade or more.  I hope and pray nothing is wrong.

I sent her an email.
HOPE that she responds.

BoSoxFanNY

Happy to win this series against the Braves -
AND TRULY disappointed that Chris Sale gave up
6 runs today (I know a few miscues in the field,
but he gave up a 3 run homer in the second inning -
unacceptable.). Last year he would give up 1, 2 runs.

Top of the 9th inning -
Braves 7 - Sox 1.

AND Yankees are beating the Angels 3 - 1 in the 7th inning

BoSoxFanNY

longgame

I guess Betts was a late scratch but that means he should have activated Martinez.  As it was, there weren't many people to knock in today so maybe it didn't matter.  It's the first time I think they've tried to go lefty-heavy I think this year. 

No offense today, but let's face it, winning 2 out of 3 is pretty good on a regular basis.  They've lost 3 series this year, one to the Yanks and two to Oakland.  We don't have any more Oakland which is good.  Time to start another win streak.

Let's all keep on the lookout for Bear, she hasn't been on Facebook all week either.

Sea Dog 23

I have lots of friends who are Braves fans.  They have been a hot ball club in May, some great young phenoms on that team.  I'm satisfied with 2 outta 3.  They had sizable leads in the games that we won in this series.

ipot

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on May 27, 2018, 03:03:48 PM
AND the Sox lost to the Braves 7 - 1.

Yeah...Sale didn't have the best of games.  But miscues were problematic as were the bats....
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

SeaBeachFred

No complaints from me either.  We won the series just as we won the last one and the one before that.  I do have an observation to make.  This bunch as the past six or seven teams of ours have had a very difficult time sweeping a series.  We win series, even those of four games but a hat trick doesn't seem to be in our basket of goods.  Still two out of three isn't bad from where I sit.

BTW, what is wrong with Betts?  Is this a little thing or do we have to start wondering whether he is going to miss significant action.  We sure can't lose him.

Bill-806

A 7-1 loss, I felt so nauseated that I needed to take a KNEE.......  The YANK$ are like SHARKS, always swilling & nipping at the KNEES !! iono

elktonnick

Cora is going to have to adjust his thinking about his scheduled days off  for key players when an unexpected event arises like the scratching of Betts today.  It is indefensenable to have both your stars hitters out at the same time.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on May 27, 2018, 05:52:47 PM
Cora is going to have to adjust his thinking about his scheduled days off  for key players when an unexpected event arises like the scratching of Betts today.  It is indefensenable to have both your stars hitters out at the same time.

This kind of stuff is getting old where Cora is concerned and it's starting to really bug the hell out of me.  Someone needs to talk to Cora these stupid moves but who?????  DD has been AWOL,  Henry is busy running the declining Globe and, God help us, is suddenly that crud Lucchino reappears.  Maybe we can keep the pressure up from here.  i know they read this board.

Sea Dog 23

I would think, with Mookie/Benni/Moreland on the shelf for some reason, that JDM could at least DH without too much wear and tear as a field player.  But that's just me.

Bill-806

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on May 28, 2018, 06:06:41 AM
I would think, with Mookie/Benni/Moreland on the shelf for some reason, that JDM could at least DH without too much wear and tear as a field player.  But that's just me.
Do I sense a call for a "court of inquiry" ??? iono rofl rofl rofl