GAME #44, THURSDAY, MAY 17, 2018, BALTIMORE O'S AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, May 17, 2018, 02:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Great ti see David pitch the way he did tonight.  Nice to know we have someone to can go nine.  As was mentioned maybe it will start a trend.  Martinez and Bogey went deep and it takes a little of the sting away that we had to endure Bradley with another ofer, this time 0 for 3.    Seems like we've seen this before,,,,,,way too many times.

ipot

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 17, 2018, 09:54:16 PM
Great ti see David pitch the way he did tonight.  Nice to know we have someone to can go nine.  As was mentioned maybe it will start a trend.  Martinez and Bogey went deep and it takes a little of the sting away that we had to endure Bradley with another ofer, this time 0 for 3.    Seems like we've seen this before,,,,,,way too many times.

JD and Bogey are on fire lately.  I'll eat some crow on Price for a game, but he's still not out of my doghouse yet.  I'd like to see another solid outing from him.  As for Bradley167, we just have to deal....until we don't any more.  I can't see him here past the trade deadline barring some miraculous turnaround
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

30 & 14 ...... As DAD would say.....  "SON, not a bad start, worthy of some ice cream on the way home" !!! thumb_u

Bear

It was great seeing Price pitch the way we all know he can.
I'm still waiting for his next turn....will he be there for the team?
That's always the question with Price.
As for Bradley, he's hopeless.
And for $6M per year, he should do more than steal  a base, no?
>:(

elktonnick

Must admit Price looked great.  He was pounding the strike zone.  It seemed to me that he didn't throw that many cutters.  Machado's 9th inning homer was on a cutter, however. 

While I must congratulate Price on this outing, one must remember these are the Orioles who have lost 13 road game in a row.   I will be impressed when Price exhibits this kind of confidence against New York.  The Orioles appeared to be going through the motions last night.

longgame

Price was working fast.  If he's not thinking and just pitching he does well.  When he worries about what he thinks people in the stands say, or whether a HOFer knows anything about baseball, he sucks, but if he can focus he's the guy he's supposed to be.  Get the ball, thrown the next pitch - and throw strikes!  Something a lot of guys (like E-Rod who can turn any 0-2 count into a quick BB) could stand to learn.  See also Kimbrel and Sale who are trying to get too tricky. 

Our offense appears was down to 2 guys, now 3 with Bogey back in swing.  I know they don't want to move guys, but Betts and Martinez need to be closer in the lineup.  I'd like to see the other guys swinging better again.

JBJ is becoming a waste of a roster spot by his play, Swihart because they dont' want to play him.

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on May 18, 2018, 08:54:52 AM
Price was working fast.  If he's not thinking and just pitching he does well.  When he worries about what he thinks people in the stands say, or whether a HOFer knows anything about baseball, he sucks, but if he can focus he's the guy he's supposed to be.  Get the ball, thrown the next pitch - and throw strikes!  Something a lot of guys (like E-Rod who can turn any 0-2 count into a quick BB) could stand to learn.  See also Kimbrel and Sale who are trying to get too tricky. 

Our offense appears was down to 2 guys, now 3 with Bogey back in swing.  I know they don't want to move guys, but Betts and Martinez need to be closer in the lineup.  I'd like to see the other guys swinging better again.

JBJ is becoming a waste of a roster spot by his play, Swihart because they dont' want to play him.
Pitchers that work fast, will always have the advantage !!  Keeps the hitter off balance! thumb_u

SeaBeachFred

Will they play Bradley again tonight?  This soap opera with that guy is getting to be a very sick joke.  He actually could be with us all season going through the same routine.  Earth to Cora and Dumbo----GET HIS ASS OUT OF HERE AND I MEAN OFF THE TEAM BECAUSE AS LONG AS HE IS HERE YOU GUYS ARE STILL GOING TO THINK HE WILL COME AROUND......HE WON' T!!!!!!!

ipot

I trust you're right about Price.  I hope he keeps focusing that way. 
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee