GAME #43, WEDNESDAY, MAY 16, 2018, OAKLAND A'S AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, May 16, 2018, 01:46:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear

ATHLETICS V RED SOX

WEDNESDAY, MAY 16, 2016, 7:10 PM AT FENWAY PARK

TV:  NESN, NBCSCA

OAKLAND, (21-21).........................................................................................BOSTON, (28-14)

OAKLAND:

TREVOR CAHILL, RHP, 1-1, 2.25 ERA, 31K

Cahill will come off the disabled list for a road matchup against the Red Sox after
missing one start because of a right elbow impingement.  He allowed no more than
three earned runs in his first four starts with the A's.

BOSTON:

CHRIS SALE, LHP, 3-1, 2.17 ERA, 78K

Sale was at his best in his last outing on Friday as he struck out 15 Blue Jays.  He
now has 27 strikeouts over his last 16 innings, and he's thrown more than 100 pitches
in four of his five starts.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/athletics-vs-red-sox/2018/05/16/530047#game_state=preview,game_tab=,game=530047

Bear

RED SOX LINEUP:

Betts RF,

Benintendi CF,

Ramirez DH,

Martinez LF,

Bogaerts SS,

Moreland 1B,

Núñez 2B,

Devers 3B,

Vázquez C, 

Sale LHP.

TWITTER

Bradley out of the lineup for the 7th time in 11 games,

No posting until game time, thank you

Bear

markj

Schloicka

Odd pitching performance by Sale through 5 innings. Only 2 hits but 2 runs and 102 pitches. Never thought Cahill would only have 88 pitches after 5 inning after throwing 35 in the 1st inning.

markj

Xander with a 3-run dinger to give the Sox some breathing room. Now 6-2.

markj

Sox avoid the sweep. I'll take that as a good thing. Sale gets a win.

BoSoxFanNY

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bear on May 16, 2018, 07:26:13 PM
Where is everyone?
Sox up 3-0

There may be a few more posters coming on for post mortems about the game just concluded, but perhaps some of our colleagues are starting to get very upset with the way the team has been playing the past two weeks.  Even tonight's won saw our team look kind of stale and uninspired.  As mark said, we'll take the win but, let's face it, the team has to do a lot better than it has  the past fortnight.  Baltimore is coming next and though they have had some trouble thus far, we also know how Buck Showalter loves to tweak at the Red Sox so we better be ready to start playing a little better than we did this past series with the A's.  I would also give Brock Holt a chance to play since he has been hitting well so far and Nunez has not.  Besides, I worry about Eduardo getting worn out due to his bad knees and past injuries.  We need to handle that guy carefully so when the summer he hits he is strong enough to help our offense make up for a couple of the duds we have in our lineup.

Bear

Yes, we won.  Yes it was a boring game.
Speaking of the Orioles, if we can't sweep them,
let's hang up the cleats.

ipot

The question on my mind right now is Hembree: he's given up runs in 5 out of his last 8 outings.  NOT good.  He's officially a problem now.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

29 & 14 ....  Got to make hay in 4 against the O's.....  The YANK$ are relentless !! thumb_u

longgame

Between the boring offense and the poor relief pitching it's tough to watch these games.  At least they won one.  Now everyone will be wondering how Baltimore is in last place after they come in and take it to the Sox.

SeaBeachFred

Bear and Bill, I have constantly warned both of you about denigrating another team and saying we will sweep them or should or pack up and go home.  You have just scuttled any chance of us sweeping this series and you may be lucky if we get a split.  I will put this in capital letters so all of us will refrain from even running down another team....To wit .WE DO NOT HAVE THAT KIND OF TEAM THAT CAN TAKE ANYONE LIGHTLY.  POORLY MANAGED, WITH A LACK OF LEADERSHIP WHENEVER THINGS GET ROUGH, THIS TEAM HAS SHOWN IT CAN STINK WITH THE BEST OF THEM.  YOU ONLY BEAT THEM IF YOU'RE COMMITTED TOTALLY TO WIN AND CAN TAKE A BLOW AND GIVE THEM THREE IN EXCHANGE---AND IF YOU HAVE A MANAGER AND GM WHO KNOW  TALENT AND KNOW FURTHER WHO THE BEST NINE PLAYERS WHO SHOULD BE PLAY.----AND RIGHT NOW WE DON'T ON ALL COUNTS.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 17, 2018, 03:23:50 PM
Bear and Bill, I have constantly warned both of you about denigrating another team and saying we will sweep them or should or pack up and go home.  You have just scuttled any chance of us sweeping this series and you may be lucky if we get a split.  I will put this in capital letters so all of us will refrain from even running down another team....To wit .WE DO NOT HAVE THAT KIND OF TEAM THAT CAN TAKE ANYONE LIGHTLY.  POORLY MANAGED, WITH A LACK OF LEADERSHIP WHENEVER THINGS GET ROUGH, THIS TEAM HAS SHOWN IT CAN STINK WITH THE BEST OF THEM.  YOU ONLY BEAT THEM IF YOU'RE COMMITTED TOTALLY TO WIN AND CAN TAKE A BLOW AND GIVE THEM THREE IN EXCHANGE---AND IF YOU HAVE A MANAGER AND GM WHO KNOW  TALENT AND KNOW FURTHER WHO THE BEST NINE PLAYERS WHO SHOULD BE PLAY.----AND RIGHT NOW WE DON'T ON ALL COUNTS.
WOW, 29 & 14  & the anger is rampant !!! iono iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl