GAME #42, TUESDAY, MAY 15, 2018, OAKLAND A'S AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, May 15, 2018, 04:22:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear

ATHLETICS V RED SOX

TUESDAY, MAY 15, 2018, 7:07 PM AT FENWAY PARK

TV:  NESN, NBCSCA

OAKLAND, (20-21)........................................................................................BOSTON, (28-13)

OAKLAND:

DANIEL MENGDEN, RHP, 2-4, 4.06 ERA, 33K

Mengden fared well against the Astros on Wednesday despite taking the loss,
allowing two runs on six hits in 6 2/3 innings. He fanned four and didn't walk a
batter.  He's issued just five walks in 44 1/3 innings this season.

BOSTON:

EDUARDO RODRIGUEZ, LHP, 3-0, 4.58 ERA, 47K

Rodriguez is coming off one of his stronger outings Thursday as he pitched
five shutout innings with eight K's.  That was a noticeable rebound from his
last outing when he allowed five runs--and three homers--over six innings vs
Texas.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/athletics-vs-red-sox/2018/05/15/530033#game_state=preview,game_tab=,game=530033

Bear

Betts RF,

Benintendi CF,

Ramirez DH,

Martinez LF,

Bogaerts SS,

Moreland 1B,

Núñez 2B,

Devers 3B,

Vázquez C,

Rodriguez LH

TWITTER

no posting until game time

ipot

Our hope lies in E-Rod. 

The A's are an 700 team with a 500 record while we are a 500 team with a 700 record until we get on track again ;)
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Schloicka

Dumb base running by Beni. Play was right in front of him and he still screwed up.

BoSoxFanNY

Beni just made up for that base running blunder with a solo shot.

A's 3 - Sox 2

BoSoxFanNY

FRUSTRATING -
Sox players hitting doubles and then NOT able
to get them home to score.

CRAP!

To the top of the 8th inning
A's 3 - Sox 2

markj

Raffy tried his best to chalk up another throwing error, but Moreland denied him.

markj

All over now. Sox drop another series to Oakland. Yanks game is tied and in a rain delay.

BoSoxFanNY

ipot

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on May 15, 2018, 10:43:38 PM
WHAT is it with this Oakland team?
DAMN!

Don't let records fool you, bo. OAK is a better team than Boston.  They gave the NYY a tough time too. 
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

ipot

This average, ho-hum stretch for the Sox could be worse: 
the once 'mighty' D'Backs have dropped 6 in a row. 
And the "Amazin'" Mets are back to 500...
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

SeaBeachFred

I'm about to resurrect my old slogan THIS IS A REAL SHITTY TEAM any day now.  And when the hell are we getting Pedroia back.   Just his presence could help our team that is gagging for leadership and commitment.  There's a lot of blame to go around but since we got no hitted in Oakland we have been a rather shitty team and a lot of this is on Cora who has wasted a great start by his tinkering around with the lineup and positioning of players.  He right now seems to me a shitty manager and I resent having a skipper who is getting on the job training at the team's expense, and, yes, at my expense.  I expect the Red Sox to win PERIOD!!!!!!!!! and I'm tired of Cora's malfeasance and his sickening excuses that are no more than worthless platitudes dispensed daily now, and even worse exhausted by the shitty play of the bottom of the lineup.  Yes, I am thoroughly pissed off now.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: ipot on May 15, 2018, 10:56:28 PM
This average, ho-hum stretch for the Sox could be worse: 
the once 'mighty' D'Backs have dropped 6 in a row. 
And the "Amazin'" Mets are back to 500...

Yes I know that my friend but what the hell does that mean to me.  I don't give a shit about the Mets or D'Backs.  I only care about the Red Sox.  The rest of the teams (save the Cubs) can go to hell for all I care.

BoSoxFanNY

markj

Since the no-hitter at the hands of the Athletics, and including that game, the Sox are 11-12. Sub-.500 play.