GAME #26, SATURDAY, APRIL 28, 2018, TAMPA BAY RAYS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, April 28, 2018, 05:42:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elktonnick

Saturday's game was just further evidence of truths we have known for some time.  First,David Price is not the dominant pitcher he once was.  IMO he is morphing into another Josh Becket.  Over reliance on the damn cutter (a pitch I detest) I believe is accelerating loss of speed for his fast ball. Second, Bradley although a good outfielder isn't as good as many in Boston think him to be and certainly not good enough to compensate for his inconsistency if not absolute failure as a hitter.  Finally Nunez legs are inhibiting his defemse.  I predict he won't finish the year without a major injury or extended time on the DL.

Bill-806

B I N G O dat..... That infield is starting to kill me..... All the injuries & all of a sudden Nunez is looking old !! iono

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on April 29, 2018, 09:43:36 AM
Saturday's game was just further evidence of truths we have known for some time.  First,David Price is not the dominant pitcher he once was.  IMO he is morphing into another Josh Becket.  Over reliance on the damn cutter (a pitch I detest) I believe is accelerating loss of speed for his fast ball. Second, Bradley although a good outfielder isn't as good as many in Boston think him to be and certainly not good enough to compensate for his inconsistency if not absolute failure as a hitter.  Finally Nunez legs are inhibiting his defemse.  I predict he won't finish the year without a major injury or extended time on the DL.

You've won me over with Bradley's defense.  He makes some real weird moves out there and sometimes gets caught flatfooted on balls hit to him.  No matter Elk, whatever defense he brings to the table doesn't come close to compensating for his total failure as a hitter, yet Cora today kept his party line stupidity that the guy is taking good swings and getting close.  Close to what?  Has Cora gone completely off the deep end regarding this guy.  I can't wit to see him gone from Boston, but I have always said someone high up likes this guy and we may have to endure his endless miserable hitting even longer......or should I say non-hitting?