GAME #26, SATURDAY, APRIL 28, 2018, TAMPA BAY RAYS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, April 28, 2018, 05:42:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

markj

ipot

Either the Rays are the sexy pick for the ALE this season or we've just put our foot off the pedal...
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

How many times are we going to squander the bases loaded ??? iono iono

markj

Bear

Nothing comes easy anymore.  Time for less talk and more action.
Bruins take game 1

ipot

I’m calling it now: Price is back to the #4 starter he was 2 years ago. Thought he’d turn it around but he’s pitched lousy 3 starts in a row. We’re gonna haveto rude Sale and a hopefully revamped Porcello. Not enough. Gotta hope E-Rod May turn into a viable #3. Pomeranz is not cutting it so far
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Schloicka

Bill-806

12-5, as DAD would say, "SON, pick up your glove & lets go, there will be no ice cream tonight"... Enough of the VAUNTED offense, defense & pitching... Giving back all the gains of the great month of APRIL !!!  Good night. ALL !! thumb_d rofl rofl

BoSoxFanNY

WHAT the F^*K is going on with this team??
Bases loaded and then one feeble run.

UGHHHHHHHH

AND the Yankees are beating the Angels 5 - 0 in the first inning.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

NOW, Yankees 10 - Angels 0

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on April 28, 2018, 03:50:20 PM
Quote from: markj on April 28, 2018, 03:41:46 PM
You gotta be kidding me. Span with an inside the park HR after JBJ faceplants. Sox down 2-1.
I saw on T V D D pick up his phone, COULD he be calling Logan Airport for a plane for JBJ ???

No such luck!!!!!!

My wife and I went to a wedding and had a great time so I didn't see the disgraceful shit hole of baseball the team played today.  We most likely were fooled on a number of fronts by the team's amazing start.  They now look like  the stumblebums we saw last season much of the time, and I noticed on MLB  that now Bradley is looking pretty pathetic on defense too?  If that's so what is he good for anymore?  And Vazquez hitting under 200.  No matter how you slice it we cannot carry two stiffs hitting just above or below the Mendoza line in the lineup much longer, if any longer. And when the hell is Pedroia going to ready to play.  I haven't heard a thing in that regard for over a week.  Is he near ready?  Because we need a spark and another hitter in that lineup.

Bear

As reported by Alex Speier in April, Dustin Pedroia is scheduled
to return to the lineup in early May.

Bill-806

Hope Sunday is a better day, the YANK$ are closing on us.... Don't waste those games in APRIL !!

Rob from Mass

I doubt anyone thought the Sox could remotely come close to playing close to their 16-2 start. For me, at least this slump is no shock.The Rays came riding a 7 game streak and are playing very well. Ups and downs will happen all year.I see a 2 team race with the Yanks right thru September. As Ipot mentioned earlier Price is closer to a # 4. I held out hope for JBJ turning the corner but that now I believe will not happen. Sad that there is no help at AAA. Why Travis is not learning to play another position makes no sense.