GAME #23, WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25, 2018, RED SOX AT TORONTO BLUE JAYS

Started by Bear, April 25, 2018, 02:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear

RED SOX V BLUE JAYS

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25, 2018, 7:07 PM AT ROGERS CENTRE

TV:  NESN+, SNET-1

BOSTON, (17-5)..............................................................................TORONTO, (14-8)

BOSTON:

EDUARDO RODRIGUEZ, LHP, 2-0, 3.45 ERA, 20K

Boston is 3-0 when Rodriguez has toed the rubber this season.  He has given the Sox
two straight quality starts after a short outing to start the year.  In his last  start, he
allowed two earned runs in six innings against the Angels striking out five.

TORONTO:

AARON SANCHEZ, RHP, 1-2, 3.86 ERA, 15K

Sanchez has experienced a dip in velocity.  In 2016 he averaged 95.4 mph on his
two-seam fastball, but in a recent outing against the Yankees that dropped to an
average of 92.8.  Sanchez has three quality starts in four outings this year.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/red-sox-vs-blue-jays/2018/04/25/529762#game_state=preview,game_tab=,game=529762

Bear

RED SOX LINEUP

Betts RF,

Benintendi LF,

Ramirez 1B,

Martinez DH,

Devers 3B,

Nunez 2B,

Bradley CF,

Vazquez C,

Holt SS.

Rodriguez SP.

TWITTER

Schloicka

Schloicka

Schloicka

Rob from Mass

This team all of a sudden striking out at an alarming rate. 14 last night 8 thru 5 innings so far.

Rob from Mass

Mookies 2nd HR with 1 on .Sox. 4-3

Schloicka

Bad base running by Beni not tagging up on the fly ball to right field. Looks like he left early and had to go back.

Leesam01

Ump screens Beni from being able to see the catch - now that's ridiculous.

longgame

Quote from: Leesam01 on April 25, 2018, 08:27:08 PM

Even more ridiculous was Febles not moving to be able to tell Beni what was happening. 

longgame

Just can't seem to catch fire.  A week ago when they loaded the bases you expected a grand slam, now you hope they don't hit into a DP!  Let's hope they can hang on.  I wonder if Kimbrel is done for the week?

Leesam01

Quote from: longgame on April 25, 2018, 08:34:05 PM
Quote from: Leesam01 on April 25, 2018, 08:27:08 PM

Even more ridiculous was Febles not moving to be able to tell Beni what was happening.

Yeah, I was wondering about that.

Leesam01

The Bruins better step up their game - I'm not ready for a first round exit.

Schloicka

[/quote]

Not the 3rd base coaches job to tell him to go. If the coach needs to tell you then it's to late or you shouldn't be playing. Plus how would the coach know if a runner is blocked out by an ump? I've never seen that in my life on a tag up at 3rd or any other base for that matter. All Beni needed to do was follow the ball. He left early so he didn't follow the flight of the ball. And if it is the 3rd base coaches job to tell him to go why did Beni leave the bag before the ball was caught because he wouldn't of been told to go yet!

Leesam01