GAME #22, TUESDAY, APRIL 24, 2018, RED SOX AT TORONTO BLUE JAYS

Started by Bear, April 23, 2018, 12:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill-806

markj

Tied up, but the dumbass Febles blew another one. (Unless Nunez ran through a stop sign.)

Schloicka

longgame

Quote from: markj on April 24, 2018, 08:37:54 PM
Tied up, but the dumbass Febles blew another one. (Unless Nunez ran through a stop sign.)

This guy has been a disaster so far.  He just doesn't know when to send a guy, or maybe he has some sort of arm twitch which makes it twirl around all the time.

Much better to have Betts up with the bases loaded with Osuna's knees knocking after throwing 30 pitches and getting beat around than to have him up with nobody on to lead off against a fresh reliever. 

They have to address what's becoming a 3B coaching problem.  Maybe eyeglasses to see and muscle relaxers for the twirling arm problem!

markj

Kimbrel in a non-save situation. Oh well.

Granderson still haunting the Sox.

Bill-806

SeaBeachFred

Get Feebles off of third base.   He is a total shit out there.  And that's what happens to Kimbrel when he goes almost a week without throwing a pitch in competition.  He most likely wasn't sharp.  This could be the beginning of a free fall for the team.  We looked shitty and flat again.  Who knows what damage was done to the team by that loss on Sunday.  BTW, no more Lin.  Holt has shown he can hit both left and right handed pitching.  Keep him in there---and Benintendi needs to start hitting and learning to hit left handed pitching.  Tonight's game was a total shit pile of a game but I'll bet many had bad feelings going into it as I had.  I really believe that Cora has caused the team some serious damage with his stupid handling of the team.  Perhaps he should be called Alex Corafarrell.

BoSoxFanNY

I had a bad feeling tonight.
SOME Cora miscues -
Resting Mookie & Hanley in last game in Oakland
Not keeping Kimbrel sharp

AND the baserunning blunder in the top of the 9th

WHAT has happened to our bats???

ipot

DeadBats are in vogue again.  Which then magnifies every little thing like Febles dumb green light and putting Kimbrel out in a non-save situation....3 Ls in a row.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

You can see the bats getting "tight" as the pressure is building on each player.... "Bicep Benni", what is going on there ?? iono iono

longgame

Yep, another Cora blunder putting Kimbrel in.  You don't put the closer in without a lead extra innings on the road.  This doesn't work and has been proven repeatedly.  I still say they lost the game on windmill arms Febles at 3B.  Cora said after the game they always test Granderson's arm.  That's fine but the ball was about 30 feet into the outfield grass when he came up with it.  He could have thrown it 20 feet away and they still would have been able to get back and tag out Nunez.  BTW, Nunez does seem to run with abandon - which Febles should know and should get out in front of.

Disappointing that we lose because of coaching, again. 

Rob from Mass

Carlos Febles sure looking like the guy that has never been on a coaching staff before.Total disaster.Curious how our rookie mgr handles this.

Rob from Mass

Cora was basking in the glory of an epic 16-2 start. Lets see what he is made of now during this 1st bumpy road.

longgame

Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 25, 2018, 08:49:38 AM
Carlos Febles sure looking like the guy that has never been on a coaching staff before.Total disaster.Curious how our rookie mgr handles this.

I think he was the Portland manager for a couple of years, but he is an awful 3B coach (don't a lot of minor league managers also coach 3B?)  They can't keep giving up outs, especially late in games. 

SeaBeachFred

Let's just hope and pray tonight is different.  With a manager playing with his new toy and making one mistake after another he needs to get his stuff together and start leading this team again because it is starting to look like each player is looking for someone else to get it going----a sure sign, if that's true, of this team having no leader on the field.  Someone step up and take charge, damn it!!!!!!!

And Mookie and Brock did it tonight.  Now let's see two or three others join them tomorrow.