GAME #104, THURSDAY, JULY 25, 2019, NEW YORK YANKEES @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Schloicka, July 24, 2019, 09:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill-806

WHAT A GAME …….  As DAD would say, "SON, ICE CREAM for ALL" !!!  Keep your eye on HERNANDEZ & EVOLDI, only going to get BETTER & BETTER !!! Take it ONE GAME at a time, but this could be a FUN STRETCH !!! thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl

longgame

Well that was fun!  Let's hope the fun continues.  I, like everyone else, was shocked that Porcello a) made it out of that inning without giving up more and b) went 6 innings.  Everyone had a hit in the lineup including replacements, other than Travis who had one at bat.  That was a good old-fashioned rout.  One of very few games where the outcome was settled fairly early in a positive way for the Sox.

Hard to get too excited because we know that offense can disappear and that the pitching can go bad in a heartbeat.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on July 26, 2019, 07:59:57 AM
Well that was fun!  Let's hope the fun continues.  I, like everyone else, was shocked that Porcello a) made it out of that inning without giving up more and b) went 6 innings.  Everyone had a hit in the lineup including replacements, other than Travis who had one at bat.  That was a good old-fashioned rout.  One of very few games where the outcome was settled fairly early in a positive way for the Sox.

Hard to get too excited because we know that offense can disappear and that the pitching can go bad in a heartbeat.

That's right Ted because it has disappeared so many times before during this season, and so far Cashner has proven that he cannot compete for a team bent on winning.  It is one thing to pitch with no pressure for a last place team like Baltimore but to toe the rubber for  team trying to get to the post-season to try and defend their title takes a tougher type of person and so far the Casher has been very short of that kind of person.  We cannot afford to let up and have another drab game following a winning blowout.  We have to take it to the Yankees and bludgeon  them as they have done to us all season until last night.  And I get tired of saying these things.  You would think the Red Sox themselves would have awakened to the fact that they have been too consistent on laying down after an impressive win.  Man that has to stop this series.