GAME #104, THURSDAY, JULY 25, 2019, NEW YORK YANKEES @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Schloicka, July 24, 2019, 09:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murph

With Paxton vs Cashner, this needs to continue the Sox way. Little hope for Cashner to do much.

elktonnick

Murph

Despite the homer, Porcello settled down nicely after the close to 50 pitch 2nd.

elktonnick

Amazing who would have thought Porcello would have made it through 5 after that 2nd

markj

Chavis drives in another. This will be it for the Sox scoring for this series.

markj

Murph

Good to see the kid getting some work.Would like to see him in a high leverage situation down the road before getting giddy over him as some fans have a tendency to do.

markj

Even Leon gets in on the action with a 2-run dinger. This is ridiculous. It's nice to see revenge for the London debacle, but I'm thinking they won't score another run in the next 3 games.

BoSoxFanNY

FUN, high scoring for the Sox - NO DRAMA game.

(Must say that the second inning made me very nervous
even with a 7 - 0 lead.)

18 - 3 in the bottom of the 8th inning.

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: markj on July 25, 2019, 09:24:29 PM
Even Leon gets in on the action with a 2-run dinger. This is ridiculous. It's nice to see revenge for the London debacle, but I'm thinking they won't score another run in the next 3 games.

Agree. Hope they have more scoring in them over the weekend.

19 - 3 now in the bottom of the 8th inning.
Every day player pitching for the Yankees though.

markj

Done. Serious rout. We'll see if they can produce runs in the next 3 games.

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: markj on July 25, 2019, 09:39:19 PM
Done. Serious rout. We'll see if they can produce runs in the next 3 games.

Yup!
GOOD to win the first game.
Sox rout the Yankees 19 - 3.

Pitching favors the Yankees tomorrow night.

Hoping for at least a split against the Yankees.

markj

Grand total of 72 runs in the last 3 games between these two teams. That's unreal.

SeaBeachFred

To say I was surprised and shocked that we battered Tanaka for seven big tallies in the first inning is the understatement of the month but Porcella was his usual self in the second throwing over 50 pitches so it seemed which made me yell that we needed about five more runs at least and, hell, we got them in the fourth.  That made me breath easier and felt that this game had to be ours and that Porcello would be gone in an inning or two and even our relievers couldn't blow a  ten run lead.  Well it was good to be wrong even if I made a fool of myself telling everone we were in serious shit before the game.  Well that's baseball.  I guess you never know.  I would like to win at least one more.