GAME #102, TUESDAY, JULY 23, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ TAMPA BAY RAYS

Started by Schloicka, July 23, 2019, 10:38:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schloicka

I think Travis will play 1st and Vaz catcher in the bottom of 9th. At least that's what I'd do.

markj

Argh. Just what they needed. A 2-out walk. Tying run at the plate now.

markj

markj

Sea Dog 23

elktonnick

elktonnick

markj

markj

Talk about the skin of their teeth. That was pathetic, but at least they saved the win.

elktonnick

Ok Boston escapes.  Why can't Sox pitchers throw strikes.

markj

So did the Sox move up into a tie for 2nd place or did the Rays move down into a tie for 3rd place? ;D

Schloicka

Workman gets himself in trouble. Was cruising along gets to 2 outs a guy on 1st and 1-2 on the batter and starts with the high fastball crap. You got a 3 run lead. Bury that 1-2 pitch into the zone. Make him swing. Stop the damn nibbling. If he hits it he hits it. At least make him earn the base.

Sea Dog 23

We picked up two games in the wild card tonight.  One on the Rays and the Tribe lost to the Jays.  Oakland and Astros in extras. NYY lost too.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on July 23, 2019, 07:14:20 PM
D’Arnaud has been on fire lately.  Too bad, Sale had been going well.

I was surprised O’Brien didn’t start talking about the outcome of the game with a 2-0 lead in the second.

Well after a couple of minor disagreements between us we're back in sync on O'Brien at least.  I have gotten to the point where I just press the mute button so I don;t have to hear that guy.  He goes off on tangents and sometimes forgets there's a game on, and too often he is very premature in his analysis of how the game is progressing.  Yes, I miss Don Orsillo.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on July 23, 2019, 09:36:45 PM
Workman gets himself in trouble. Was cruising along gets to 2 outs a guy on 1st and 1-2 on the batter and starts with the high fastball crap. You got a 3 run lead. Bury that 1-2 pitch into the zone. Make him swing. Stop the damn nibbling. If he hits it he hits it. At least make him earn the base.

A lot of our pitchers have gotten into that nibbling crap and the fault lies at the feel of pitching coach Dan Lavangie.  Ever heard of pitching to contact Dana, you shit?  Well we know one thing.  This team has to go out and get a closer for those of you who really think we have a chance at the post season.  A hat trick tomorrow would give pause to retake the towel I threw down last Sunday but without two good relievers at the trade deadline we will not go far even if they do make the playoffs  We tried CBC in 2003 and many teams have tried that since but for none of those teams has it worked and is sure as hell hasn't worked for us.  Come on DD, get your shit together and get the job done......fast before he have to use Jerkman again in a key situation like tonight.

One ting is absolutely certain...neither Workman or Barnes can pitch in the ninth inning......they can in the seventh or eight BUT NOT THE NINTH INNING.