GAME #82, WEDNESDAY, JUNE 26, 2019, CHICAGO WHITE SOX @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Schloicka, June 26, 2019, 11:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

Murph

elktonnick

Barnes pitches as expected. DD and Manager What me Worry,  Barnes does not have the emotional strength to close.   I'd rather see the knuckleballer close.

Murph

Quote from: elktonnick on June 26, 2019, 03:30:14 PM
Barnes pitches as expected. DD and Manager What me Worry,  Barnes does not have the emotional strength to close.   I'd rather see the knuckleballer close.

100% agree.

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on June 26, 2019, 03:20:09 PM
Let's see if Barnes has the intestinal fortitude to close this thing out.  Vaz and Bogaerts eliminated one Barnes mistake.
More "DEER IN THE HEADLIGHTS" for BARNES, you could see/feel it coming !!  D D , MOVE him NOW< GRASSHOPPER !!! iono iono iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl

SeaBeachFred

How many @#$%&?@ times have I said and written ad nauseum that you NEVER entrust Barnes with a one run lead in the ninth inning and why hasn't that stupid ass Cora learned that himself?????  This is the third game Meatball has surrendered the game to another team in the last week and a half.  He is a gutless bastard and cannot pitch under pressure and Cora is a stupid shit for continuing to use him in such situations.  Say what you will but Cora has evolved into a real dumb shit this season for whatever reasons and don't be surprised he does this same dance again until either DD or Henry or someone upper echelon orders him to stop it immediately.  Barnes is a loser, gutless, a choker who will cost us anothr win today, the third one in less than two weeks. Send that butt to Timbucto and send BoraBora Cora with him.

markj

elktonnick

It is absolutely inexcusable to use Barnes in that situation.  Even shill O'Brien unintentionally gave a stat about how unsuccessful Barnes has been in such situations.  The manager once again shows that he stubbornly sticks to strategy that has repeatedly failed to be successful.   Such stubbornness borders on stupidity and or insanity.

SeaBeachFred

--thanks corA, YOU ROTTEN SON OF A BITCH

markj

Yanks win 8-7, Sox lose 7-8. Tells you everything you need to know about the two teams this season. Sox now 9 games back and heading to London to play the Yanks where they'll get embarrassed in that bandbox of a field. They'll come back 11 games out.

Sea Dog 23

BREAKING .... Barnes had his tickets exchanged.  No longer flying to London, but to Siberia!

elktonnick

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on June 26, 2019, 04:35:05 PM
BREAKING .... Barnes had his tickets exchanged.  No longer flying to London, but to Siberia!

Both he and the manager should be optioned to the Vladisvastok  Ice Devils of the Siberian Summer League

SeaBeachFred

Unless he is called on it, look for Cora to do this again.  For some reason Red Sox managers seem to get stuck in a stubborn stupidity mode.  Francona was that his last three seasons with the Sox and was actually second guessed repeatedly by owner John Henry.  John Farrell's stubbornes was very well known but it was also done in stupidity mode.  Now Cora bangs his head against the wall and insists on throwing Barnes situations where everyone seems to know that this guy is just not equipped to handle such a chore.  Now the team heads to London totally bummed out and I can tell you from experience coaching and watching ML teams for decades.  There is nothing more debilitating or confidence shattering thatn to see a team continually gett ing reamed by their own bullpen.  Once again this team has been put up against the wall and what's worse is that it seems we have a Fifth Column sitting in our own dugout working against us.  This was our 16th blown save, and we lead the league i that miseable statistic.

Murph

Lou Merloni

Verified account

@LouMerloni

What the hell. For the love of God, can they just add another arm so you don’t have to pitch the same guys over and over again. I’m losing it. I’m worried about myself.

Fans aren`t the only ones bitching.

longgame

Who else should Cora have put in there?  I agree Barnes isn’t the guy but the problem is they don’t have that guy.