GAME #56, WEDNESDAY, MAY 29, 2019, CLEVELAND INDIANS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Schloicka, May 29, 2019, 12:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on May 29, 2019, 06:24:45 PM
If Sox do lose this series it is because Manager What Me Worry mismanaged the pitching staff.  The Indians had trouble scoring runs until they played Boston

Who would you have started tonight?  Just curious.

elktonnick

Quote from: longgame on May 29, 2019, 06:44:57 PM
If Sox do lose this series it is because Manager What Me Worry mismanaged the pitching staff.  The Indians had trouble scoring runs until they played Boston

Who would you have started tonight?  Just curious.

He mismanaged the bull pen last night.  It has been a cumulative effect of his needlessly resting guys and his mismanagement of his pitching staff repeatedly throughout the year.  The results we are seeing were caused by decisions made days before.

markj

This is pathetic. The Sox apparently have only one or two Major League level pitchers and a bunch of AA or lower beanbags.

elktonnick

I've seen better pitching.  It is also painfully obvious that the Red Sox minor league system has failed spectacularly at developing pitchers over the past decade

elktonnick

The Indians are humiliating Boston pitching, if you can call what Boston hurlers are throwing pitching

Sea Dog 23

When was the last time Sox pitching gave up runs in every inning?  geez what a showing at the end of the home stand.

elktonnick

I remember the game when the Rangers scored 30 against the Os in 07. The Indians are almost half way there.  Too bad Thornburg is on the IL.  He'd be excellent about now.

Sea Dog 23

I think Nunez gets the ball tonight. The staff is about gassed.

elktonnick

elktonnick

Holt and Betts let one drop.  I know it is laugher with the Sox down by 5 but you can not convince me that all is well in that clubhouse.  We are  seeing too many indications of guys going through the motions and not communicating.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on May 29, 2019, 06:15:26 PM
Sox are going to lose this series. By the end of the Yankees series, it'll be all over.

Sorry markj....IT;'S OVER NOW!!!!!!!!!

SeaBeachFred

Elk, Cleveland was hitting 223 as a team until they played us.  Now they are beating the shit out of our pi tchers---if you can even call them that.  Weber?????  He has a plus 5.00 ERA in his previous ML experience and over five in Triple AAA, yet there he is pitching for us.  Brewer?  Garbage!!!  Velasquez?  Trash, Hembree? a bum. Brasier? A puke!!!!  Lakens???  Oh Yes, he was one of our good prospects and look at he looked last night.  Then there is markj's buddy, the Meatball.  Do you know we have not developed even one, not even one efen solid pitching prospect in over a decade and a half??????????  How is that with all the money we spend on scouting and player development?  This team has sickened me.

SeaBeachFred

SeaBeachFred

I just noticed on my cell phone that Choker Bogaerts has hit a homer, so I checked to see when he hit it.   I was right.  He didn't hit when we had a chance to get back in the game.  He hit it when we were eoight runs behind....Typical Blowguts.  And when Mookie leaves and the team fails to resign JD, this crud will be the face of the franchise. Wait to what we look then.